Is it okay that my boyfriend doesn't talk to me during the week every day?

Hi! I spend almost every weekend with my boyfriend but during the week we hardly talk, and even when he talks he just sends me a text asking if I'm okay trying not to open in conversation or discussion and sometimes he doesn't even bother to text. We used to talk more in the past but now it's getting less, the thing that is worrying me although when we are together, he's a different person. I know it might be his way or personality so I'm trying not to put any pressure on him to make him do things that he doesn't like to do, but I'm afraid it's making me more nervous and worried all the time. I've thought about breaking up with him but I really love him!
Any help?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you told him how you feel? Most likely, he's probably busy with work and life during the week. The fact he's with you on weekends shows he cares enough to devote the only free time he has to you. I understand your position, but you need to go to the horse in this case to get the true story.

• We talked about it before and we were talking more by then, and he said that he doesn't want me to worry if we don't talk all the time because he likes to spend most of the time by himself but I feel there's a gap between us. At the same time I don't want him to change or do things just to please me.

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• Tell him how much it affects you. You might think its a small matter and not important but if it's important to you, it's important to him as well. To be honest I really find it difficult to believe it's so hard to have a decent conversation every day with one's partner. If it's only a half and hour, it's not that hard to text. Talk to him! Communication is important.

• Not all guys like to talk on the phone or text, it's not you it's just how we are. I personally prefer texting over talking on the phone, but i'll at least text a few times a week and get into a conversation.

• He's the same.. doesn't like to talk over the phone and I'm fine with that, but his short texts and the fact that he's always trying to not start any conversation rather than checking that I'm ok makes me feel uncomfortable and not myself with him. talking to a stranger sometimes seems way easier than talking to him.

• Do most girls do that? Just curious.

• I don't know then

What Girls Said 3

• You should probably talk to him about it. He might just be a quiet guy and is not used to talking a lot. My boyfriends were split, half were quite talkative, some wanted to talk more than I did, and the other half, stopped texting for the most part once we started dating. It's a big issue for you since you considered breaking up with him as a result, perhaps you guys could come to a compromise.

• I would confront him. If he doesn't change just leave this guy, he's probably giving his attention to other girls. I had a friend who was on a schedule for his girlfriends 😩 Sometimes he could only talk to some on the weekends. Im traumatized by that 😂 so id have to see my boyfriend every day! and text all day

• How long have you been together?