I still love my ex?

My ex girlfriend and I broke up about 3 months ago because she cheated on me. We were together for 2 years and she's the first person I ever came out to and the first person I ever had a serious relationship with. We were friends before we started dating which made the breakup even harder. Even though she cheated on me, I'm still in love with her. What's wrong with me? How can I be in love with someone who cheated on me, twice, and then lied about it!

74
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• Love is a feeling, it is not logic and common sense. This is why we have both a brain and a heart, so to speak. In reality it's all centred in the brain, our ability to feel and our ability to reason. We won't always have good reason to feel how we do and some people put too much emphasis on feelings without applying logic and reason. If you know that somebody is bad for you then you can't just turn a blind eye to that. Well, you can but then you can't expect sympathy for the inevitable hurt that will come your way.

• when I was 15, I had a child with my first love. she abused me and mistreated me after. I left her about a year or two ago. I still see my son but I haven't looked back. a few months after we broke up I had mental breakdowns and I was really depressed but I came through and I am happier now then I was. when the relationship ended, we had been together for over 3 years

• life = shit happens

• ok nice try

What Girls Said 7

• Actually, love is the most egoistic feeling in the world. The ones who think they still love their EXs are just pathetic.

Truth is that our hearts are bigger than we imagine, It can feel more love than you'd think.
    You will definitely find another one and you'll fall in love like you were before, maybe even more. Just you should let yourself find someone.

You shouldn't think that fucking idiot person was special, you know? Cause someone who shits on you can't be special anymore, and if you love them again than you have serious problems, or you don't have a self-respect or something.

No one is special... Unless you make them so. You can turn it on and off like a light. Just you should find that button in your "room", I mean your soul, or whatever you believe you have.

You don't love your EX. You miss intimacy and please don't drama queen who believes love comes once in life and who thinks that "first" ione is the best or something. That's what stupid people think and well, If you wanna be stupid, that's your choice, but I am telling you "dear that's another way and if you are smart enough choose this one, instead of crying over past as someone who doesn't value herself"

• I know how you feel. It's normal to love your ex despite how much they've hurt you. You need to love yourself more and focus on your real goals. I hope you find peace and you won't ever experience the same betrayal again. Sorry to hear that and time will heal you. Go out and meet new people.

• If she's cheated on you, then she's not worth your time. You deserve and can do so much better than that. And you will find someone better.

• love is illogical emotion and some girls love their partner and forget their sins as you have at least with heart. you have to either suffer without her or overpower her with the best loving so she doesn't need anybody else. seems you are not sexually satisfying her so she cheats with better lovers.

• If she cheated she doesn't love you the way you love her. You're just going to have to move on :( give it time and your feelings will eventually go, go out and meet other people that'll help :)

• You have to learn to move on

• Because love doesn't just go away. And the fact you were together 2 years. All we can say is it takes time. And that you have the sense to realise that you deserved better than cheating