Do you keep photos of your exs or delete them?

Photos that are of the both of you and photos of just them?

2731

Most Helpful Guy

• All but one ex, a former fiance of mine. I never found it in me to delete her photos. What I ended up doing was burying it on an external drive and making it incredibly difficult for me to access them. I haven't in many years and the drive might even be damaged, I don't know and have reached a point where I don't really care. It was a compromise though in the one case where I couldn't delete her photos. I just made them so hard to access that I never bothered again.

• I was also into visual arts so I had drawn so many portraits of her. I ended up throwing them all into the trash.

• In my case the photos involved mostly her, but also some of the both of us. At the time I thought she was the prettiest thing I ever saw, so I drew many portraits of her whenever I could and snapped many photos of her.

Most Helpful Girl

• I delete them once I have a feeling that there's no going back. Or sometimes if he's hurt me and I want to end it, I usually deleted the pictures first as a way of preparing for the breakup. (Sort of like, there's no going back now)

I delete the pictures, text msgs, and throw away the gifts that weren't useful. For example, a box of chocolates or cards.

It's over and I don't want the pictures (of happy times) to delude me from the reason we broke up. Also, I think it would be uncomfortable for the new boyfriend. Like why cling to the past if it's over? It's enough to have the memories in your mind.

The people who keep them, I wonder would they date someone who kept pics of their exs, especially if they were still friends on FB or if the pics were still readily accessible on their phone's camera roll or something?
    I probably wouldn't want to know if my new boyfriend was keeping pics but I'd definitely feel some kind of way if I came across some on his FB or phone or something.

I get the sentiment that the past shaped who you are but would/do you keep pictures of old college/high school textbooks? They shaped who you are too. Lol

Sponsored

What Guys Said 30

• Delete them all. There's no point in having pictures of something that happened in the past. If you keep them around, that's basically saying you're not completely over them. Even staying friends with a ex is a bad idea cause at some point, old feelings will come back & mess up what you have now. You should be more focused on the future than having stuff that reminds you of a past you shouldn't go back to

• I have one, but that is because she is also with my son, who was an infant at the time, so the picture is more because of my son than my ex.

• I deleted them all.

• Deleted them. She doesn't know know I've deleted them as we've not spoken since we broke up but I knew she would worry about me having them.

• I don't have a habit of destroying photos. I will keep them no matter what.

• never done that before. its stupid to keep your ex's photos. its like torturing yourself

• DELETE
    DELETE
    definitely delete
    it's a proof of loyalty to my own self

• I usually delete pics of a ex i want get rid of the hurt.

• They are burned as I dance around the day we breakup.

• For me, honestly its best if we delete them. Cause there's no absolute point to keep them if you are gonna reminisce them back and cry to yourself. Absolute waste of time and energy. Not forgetting your tears.

• I keep because this girl is my friend now :)

• memories can't be deleted can't be removed. your past gave you a way to live your future life...

• Honestly it depends on the breakup and what we're doing in the picture

• depends on the ex, usually though i delete them.

• i keep them, in case they do something that would hurt me (rumors, turning people against me, being just annoying / bitchy) i always have leverage... i don't intend to use ancient nudes or old pictures, BUT if you try to fuck with me i will end you

• I have one photo with my HS crush.
    That's all

• Nude pics I keep until a new relationship.
    Then, I put them in storage.

• only the ones who have died 😯😯😯😯

• I would never keep an ex's photo. That's just weird

• i keep them

• delete them. Always

• depends on how the relationship went, I still have pictures of an ex that I'm still close with

• I used to, but due to a variety of reasons I have deleted them.
    I used to keep in touch as friends with one of my exes but recently we had and and she brings up bad memories so I've deleted them.
    And with one, we ended on bad terms but I did have 'photos ;)' of her that I deleted because we were both underage at the time of taking them and hence were very illegal to have.

• once they're on the internet, they're out there forever, especially now that it's legal to sell private information

• Destroy them.. and ex is ancient history... I'm moving on.

• I keep the nudes and share them with the rest of the world. "This is the whore! Enjoy!"

• I still partake in sexual misconduct with three of my exes. Plus they're on facebook. So there would be no need for me to keep pictures.

• I keep them and masturbate to them

• i delete any sexual pictures but i don't bother deleting any of the normal stuff.

• I keep them also. Do you look at them?

• nah i just can't be bothered to delete them xD
      the only reason i delete the explicit ones is out of respect for the other person

• delete

• Do you get rid of gifts also?

What Girls Said 26

• I delete them. Once a relationship ends, no long to have any memories. Will not help the process of moving on.

• Do you get rid of gifts also?

• i've kept most of mine..

• I deleted all the photo's and everything he gave me.

• I delete all of them. If I looked good in the photo, I'll just crop him out

• 😂 😂 😂 love it. I can't ever seem to delete them I always thought a lot of people kept them.

• Oh wow yeah I can't ever seem to do it. I guess I'm to sentimental.

• Nothing wrong with that

• all gone. :)

• Yes. They are precious memories.

• some i delete and some are just there, i don't go out of my way to hide them but the ones that were on display obviously has changed

• I've kept them because I looked like an ugly lesbian during that phase so I'm proud of my improvement. :)

• I printed pictures of my ex but my parents convinced me to throw them away maybe a year or so ago

• I delete them. It's the first thing I do.

• He's an ex for a reason so get rid.

• I keep photos of us together, I guess it's because I'm not on seriously bad terms with any of my exes. One has passed away, one is my friend, and one we just don't talk. My ldr ex, however, I deleted photos of because they were all just of him.

• I have two pictures of my ex that I can't get my self to delete. I feel like every time I have a thing with a guy, I keep at least one picture. It's hard for me to let go, even though that seems kind of creepy.

• I would delete them of my phone or i would just chuck the photos away

• Delete

• I would keep them in like an album lol

• I don't have any exes

• I kept the ones of me and my ex we had a ton but I picked out a couple and printed them out now they're just sitting in a drawer. We dated 5 years lol.

• DELETE THEM BITCHES

• I delete them

• It depends on how the relationship ended and what terms you are with the other person

• Delete them it's just hurtful to see it each time don't you think?

• I keep them, why should I throw them away? I spend time with them and it's a part of my past.

• I deleate becuase my future partner wouldn't be confortable haha

• The photos that are from really good memories I keep in a photo box and any others I trash. However, if it was a nasty break-up then they all go in a bonfire.

• I just deleted mines. Don't want to keep scrolling through them everytime