How do you become a better person?

so apparently I am not a good person. I think I am but I also have a big ego so maybe I'm not... but how do I become a better person and prove my worth?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• You won't become a better person unless you acknowledge that you are not the best person right now. You have kind of acknowledged that but you don't sound very convinced. Maybe you actually are a good person, as much as anyone is. You don't always have to take criticism as global truth. Sometimes you have to be a bit discerning.

If you want to change then you need to learn lessons. Look at why certain things don't work out for you and then try to think why that might be. Seek objective opinions where you can get them, then invest in reprogramming your responses to every day events. Challenge yourself and your thinking.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have an honest self assessment. Are there traits you could work on. Maybe you aren't the most patient, or giving, or forgiving, or kind, etc. Also, since you mention you have a big ego, ask yourself if your ego so large that sometimes it borders on being cocky or arrogant? Perhaps in that case, remind yourself that you aren't the shit and there are so many more amazing people out there. Kids who have started million dollar business before graduating from high school, etc. Kids who have made significant contributions to scientific discoveries before graduating high school. The young musical and artistic proteges, etc. There are so many more amazing people out there, so keep your ego in check.

What Guys Said 3

• There is no such thing as a good person. We are all bad people.

However, if you are not happy with yourself, you need to come up with principles that you think would be good to adhere to. You should then set life goals that can co-exist with those principles. You should finally follow those goals and principles, expect to screw up along the way, but know that as long as you don't get too obsessed about failure, your attempts will take you far.

• help people without being asked to do so.

• Doing the right thing.

What Girls Said 2

• Only God is good - you may be good to others but to God you will always be somebody with lots of room for improvement. The bible actually says more people hate good people then those who hate evil people.

• Start living in soul consciousness. Forget everything you think you know about love and life and what is, and learn to think differently. It takes work but all you gotta do is know yourself. It's easier when you see it in the "mirror"... all those "ugly" parts. Then you can assess and fix.