Why is my ex talking to me so much now? Should I just cut him off?

Why is my ex texting me and calling me? He left for a work trip a few days ago. Before he left, he called me to see how I was. I didn't hear from him for a day, and then he started texting me. He's been texting me every single day since then.

At first, he was mostly flirtatious, but he's started asking me about my day and wanting to know how I'm doing. He's the one that dumped me. Why on earth is he talking my leg off now? He says that he doesn't want a relationship with anyone (which I know either means exactly what he said or that he just doesn't want one with me). He says that he likes me and has fun with me and enjoys talking to me, but the ship sailed on us for him a long time ago. I've told him that I appreciate his honesty. When he asked about us remaining friends, I told him that I'm done wasting my time with guys that don't want the same things as me. I want a real relationship with someone that wants the same things out of life as me, and I don't want to settle anymore. When I told him that I accepted us breaking up (which was over a year-and-a-half ago) and thought it was for the best and said okay when he told me he didn't think we were compatible as a couple, he seemed a bit hurt.

I'm guessing that I just bruised his ego or he's disappointed, because there's no chance of getting sex out of this? I don't want to assume the worst of him, but I'm certainly not going to give him the benefit of the doubt anymore. This guy was the first guy that I ever slept with, so I suspect I'll always have some tender feelings for him, but he doesn't want what I want. I don't want to play games. I just wish that I understood why on earth he keeps talking to me like this. I'm considering just telling him that I need space. Why is he doing this? Does it even matter, really? He wants to be friends, but I don't want just friendship. Should I just cut him out of my life?

03
Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• you are right on the money with him he wants something from you since he sees you as easy or he's tring to rekindle relationship

• Once a guy sees you as easy, it's pretty much done in terms of commitment, right?

• i may be wrong he might want to rekindle the old relationship with you give it a another go its just all signs are leading towards him just looking for a easy root

• Probably. I just wish that I wasn't hung up on someone that doesn't love me back.

• It's hard for a guy to let his ex move on to sex with other guys, so he's keeping tabs on you and filling your time

• Great. So just cut ties and move on?

• 0|0
    • Clicking that link just takes me to the Break Up and Divorce section feed (not the specific post).

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be

What Girls Said 0