Relationship heartbreak?

should I keep going back to a toxic relationship?

820

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if the person is willing to change, and actually means it. Otherwise, there's no real use to go back, because it will slowly grow into a form of dependence. Dependence is alright, but if it's for a person that doesn't care for your feelings, it can be, as you would say, toxic.

Most Helpful Girl

• I did for years, until I didn't!

It's not been easy but I'm going to be strong this time, and it does feel a little different this time.

• exactly how I'm feeling

• Some days are still so freaking hard tho. Some days I feel a mess and like I could cry all day, or I want to reach out and just be in contact.

But I can't, I just fucking can't do it. I have to stop myself. No matter what. I know if I do it will end up killing what little I have left of me.

He has absolutely ruined me as a person. I wish I'd never met him. No one should ever have to go through this.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 19

• I'm not sure if your question is real. You know the answer without GAG people telling you. Why would you do this to yourself is the real question. Good luck.

• I mean it depends what is so toxic about it. Is it you or him/her that is making the relationship toxic and if you know who then see if there any way to fix it. If not, then no don't go back you are just wasting your time at that point.

• it's like asking yourself if you like drinking poison since it's toxic. why do something that's bad for your health?

• Is there any realistic basis to expect that it will change?

• My first relationship became toxic and i had to let go, my opinion if it's toxic it's best to let go than to suffer with emotional stress.

• You described your relationship as "toxic". If you're not happy then get over with it.

• Uh, the question is, why would you? You don't see higher value in YOURSELF?

• nope cos the person will use you. your best of finding some one else

• Short answer, no - but it makes me type all this other stuff in here

• if you respect yourself, then don't let yourself be in torture

• Hell NO!

• I don't know should I keep putting my hand on a burning stove top?

• no child why would you go back to a toxic relationship. I don't want you hurt yourself.

• Get the message. Why? He's not going to change. You deserve better. Get away now

• No do waste your life your beautiful move on you'll find someone better

• Well, if you like torturing yourself... yeah, sure. If not, get the hell away.

• You feel more confident and better out of a toxic relationship. I did.

• Yes try to be strong enough to continue with him.

• never, the urge to go back to an unhealthy relationship is a symptom of an addiction to oxytocin ("cuddle hormone") and will only briefly make you feel better then again it will break your heart even more

What Girls Said 7

• ... It's toxic.

• definatly not

• no you should not!!

• Absolutely not!! Respect yourself

• Nope. Avoid what causes stress in your heart.

• Do yourself a favor.. Get rid of anything that has the potential to keep your spirit low... Never lose self respect

• Of course not. C'mon. If you know it's toxic, get out.