Why would my ex say this to me?

My ex texted me with-

"You'll be fine, you'll find someone else and will forget about me".

Why would he say this? I don't understand?

24
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• What did you say to get this response. Without context, it makes perfect sense.

• I said to please stop blaming me for the reason we're not together. I pointed out his drinking problem and the rude things he would say to me every time he drank and never remembered the next day.

• It sounds like he's acknowledging the problem and accepts you are better off with him gone. He know's he's not going to quit drinking. It's sad but he needs the drinking for some reason and isn't willing to stop. He may have sent the text when he was drinking and feeling bad. I wouldn't read anymore into it than that. We mourn losses of relationships and lost loves. Take it that he does have fond memories with you, but he knows the drinking isn't stopping. I feel that he's showing you respect by not trying to get you back by saying he'll quit.

• telling you very nicely to move on/find someone else

• depends why you two broke up in the first place

• Right before that I texted him with - "Please stop blaming me for the reason we're not together." ... I pointed out his drinking problem and the rude things he would say to me every time he drank and never remembered the next day.

• Maybe he still misses you and loves you, but he wants you to be happy

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like he still likes you but also wants you to be happy with whoever you choose to be with

• I hated that smh