What does he mean by "I love you and am sexually attracted to you, but I am not in love with you?" Ready details please?

Read this because I need help with my situation: We've dated for almost two years and then broke up for a while, three months without talking. He came back to me to be friends again, good friends. He says he's "in love" with this girl he's moving so fast with. They started dating a few weeks after meeting, are planning to get a house within the next few months, and to marry next year. He's not the commitment type and he truly believes she's the most perfect thing in the universe and I don't understand why. (I know it doesn't have a lot of importance but she has a very bland personality and is very basic in looks) but he's obsessed. Yet he still comes to see me and talks to me, he says he's not over me and he will never be over me and that he loves me and is sexually attracted to me still. But he's not in love with me. I don't understand what that even means and I don't understand his actions with me or with this girl. Help?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't matter what someone says... talk is cheap. It only matter what he does and what you do.

If he doesn't want to be with you, then why are you even trying to dissect this relationship. Certainly you don't want to be with a guy you have to convince to be with you, do you? Surely you value yourself and your time and your live more then that?

He's trying to get your attention and approval without having to be committed to you. That's why he's saying stuff like "I still love you, you're a great friend." Bla bla bla.

It comes down to you and what you want, and how you teach him to treat you. If you're letting him hang out with you, and have long talks, etc, like you're dating... but he's also free to go chase other women... then you're his side chick and that's crappy.

Hopefully you recognize that you're awesome and deserve to be with someone who's excited to be with just you, without having to convince them.

Best of luck!

~ Robby

Most Helpful Girl

• He only wants sex from you he's just in it for your body please leave this asshole

What Guys Said 2

• well... love is complicated. There are. many forms of love, lust and infatuation and most can be hard to determine what is what. Humans release hormones when they are sexually attracted and even during sex which give off the feelings of "love". There are many different connections that individuals are compatible with but that does not mean that things were meant to be.

• I guess he only wants sexual pleasure from you and wants to be with the other girl.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!