Is it true a man/boy will run away from a woman if he is in love?

Thoughts why or why not? explain

1113
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 13

• A boy will run... and that is not just age wise. I met a Woman a long time ago and i ran... i wasn't ready... i knew i was in love but i had shit to learn... so i ran. a Man, will Not run... and thats what i did recently... turns out she had her own agenda...
    i let that shit go.
    bottom line... its great for a woman to find someone who wants just her... thats what you are programmed to want...
    but it is hella scary for a male...(man or boy) to find a woman that blocks out other women... because nature didn't make us that way, we want variety, choices.. so if we find great.. we stick stronger than glue...
    also adding the fact that we can't see other women, female troubles, everything , hurts.. and if she rejects us... we are in a state of constant pain...
    then we still gotta marry the bitch?
    If a man is in love... its huge... thats a sacrifice that even i think women cannot do. compare it to childbirth

• Why would a man run away and never speak to her again. She will try to contact him but he ignores. Then when she see him in public he waves but she thinks its not real. Its like he does it to play games because if someone contacts you and you ignore its unreal they will speak to you in public... thoughts?

• Naw... I've tried to reach out to him and all he does is play games. His cousin (female) basically hated me for whatever reason at work and basically got me fired... I loved him... but how can he play games like this.. smdh

• I would do it only If I didn´t feel ready for a relationship.

• I suppose in some cases if in fact it is a boy he could run away, this is common for a guy who's afraid of getting his heart broken so he runs first

• I felt in love once. I was young and unprepared for this. I was so focused I didn't notice the other girls interested around me. The girl was kind of interested, but also unexperienced. I made a lot of mistakes, and finally it didn't work out.

She broke up with me after like 2weeks (two years of hard work gone instantly). I told her that I will need time to process, and never made contact afterwards. Sometimes our roads cross again, and the feeling is still there. I did not really run away but I think the reason behind is the same : it just hurts too much.

Falling in love that deep is something that happens once or twice in a man's life. In my case, not making contact anymore is a way to protect myself.

• That's the dumbest thing I have heard in a while.

• I've never heard of this. Why would any guy run away from a girl if he is in love?

• Naw... real men don't run from anything - they deal with it head on. If a guy is really in love with you, the kind of guy you would actually want to be with, will be there right in front of you in plain site, impossible to miss. He'll be your rock.

• Why should he?

• thats relative, if she is kind and cute, no

• only if he has commitment issues i guess

• Never! I think. LOL. there must be a reason behind it

• Nah, he only runs from bitches.

• Yes its true,

• Explain?

• Many of us have commitment anxiety

What Girls Said 11

• A man in love will never run... he might casually walk away if he feels threatened by the one he loves... like she's to good for him or for some other genuine reason like she's cheating on him but not without fighting for the one he loves tho... if he's fed up with his heart getting broken he will walk away as he's exhausted...
    But nothing else.. if he runs it means he was never truly in love
    Bit like women...

• No. Lol. If a man is in love, he can't get enough of her.

• Some will but most won't.

• No. I've had two guys fall in love with me. The first one stayed with me for a few months. The second one has stayed for a few months too but will have to leave for job purposes but will be back in a few months after that.

• I don't think so, why would you run away from someone who makes you feel that way? It's counterintuitive. It's one of those things we like to believe when he feeds us some line of crap like, "I'm just too scared I'll hurt you". It's really them letting us down easy.
    Even guys who are scared will stay with someone they care about. I'm with one right now and have been for over a year.

• In my opinion, depends on the age and the situation a man or a boy is having. Men naturally chase women they like. But if they do run away, there must be a reason behind it. That reason might be valid enough for them stay away from the woman they love.

• I'm not sure but I do believe that if he thinks that the girl is too good for him, he knows he's hurting her, etc... he'll push her away

• Sometimes they're scared of commitment. If they really love you they'll be happy if you hold on and guide them

• Depends on the situation. He may be in love with her but not ready to give her what she deserves so he runs away from her. Also depending on his age , he could be afraid of those feelings right now

• He is 32

• Scared of commitment, some people just don't do well in relationships I think

• they only run away when the are extremely insecure and extreme emotional problems most of the guys i have dated never pushed me away just because he started to love me and there was a couple of really disturbed ones in there

• Run, no. Become nervous and reserve... more likely