How Do I Break Up With A Sensitive Guy Because I'd Rather Be Alone?

So I just started dating and I don't like it. I prefer being single. The thing is, we just started dating a week ago. My boyfriend is sensitive and I don't want to hurt his feelings, but also dating is making me feel like trash. I'm worrying more about my appearance and what to say than having fun.

I know I should break up with him, but there's a dance coming up, AND the dance is on the day of his b-day. Most of my friends' dates are rarely talking and just emailing each other occasionally. My date wants to text me and sit with me at lunch. I can tell that he likes me; he told me so.

I don't want to break up but at the same time I do. I know I should do what makes me happy and dating isn't. But how do I break up with him? I NEED ANSWERS NOW PLEASE because the dance is on Friday and today it's Monday.

03
Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• I think you just need to give it more time and calm down. I think you are taking things too seriously. I understand about all the worries and concerns, and how this leads to being frustrated with no fun. Dating doesn't have to be going out, spending money, and dressing up all the time. You also don't have to hang with him 24/7 either. I think hang tight and go to the dance with him and just have a normal week and include him once in a while. Doesn't have to be anything special. Even just a couple hours together watching some tv or doing homework together is fine. Just try to put less emphasis on "dating" and just enjoy spending time with someone who likes spending time with you back!

• Ask yourself what about dating him is making you unhappy? Is being with him still making you happy but the maintenance required to do so causing you the stress? If so talk to him and tell him that. Being open and honest is the only way to have a good relationship.

If it is him that is directly causing you the turmoil then once again talk with him about it tell him your reason for not wanting to be with him. Honestly it will hurt more all at once and whole lot less in the long run.

• the thing is I don't want to be in a relationship. I tried dating and I prefer being single.

• Then tell him that. Be open and honest. Tell him that you are not interested in a relationship right now and you rushed in to it without fully understanding that.

I'm actually the same way myself. I much prefer to be single.

• thanks so much!

• I know it's hard for you to tell him and way more hard for him to accept that the same thing happened with me I think I like my ex when I'm around her but when I go somewhere else I don't think about her she is sensitive too by the way so I told her because I don't want betray her staying in relationship there is no future in this kind of things. It's hard for me to tell her that but it's for her own good

What Girls Said 0