My fiancé says he's feeling lost, I'm scared to lose him and he won't talk to me. Please help?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• When his 'feeling lost' is putting your relationship at risk then 'feeling lost' is not a good enough reason. You deserve a better explanation. We can all hide behind generic statements when we don't want to face or admit the truth. If he feels lost but has no idea why then that would indicate depression of some sort, in which case he needs to see a doctor. Sitting on his hands won't solve anything.

Basically, push him for something more conclusive. Don't just accept vague statements that act as smokescreens.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him if he needs some space you will just give it to him so he could figure some things out, but also make sure to remind him that you're not just anyone in his life, you're his fiancee, he can talk to you about any problems he has and you will always help him.
    tell him that what affects him, affects you also, if you're gonna spend the rest of your lives together you need to learn how to communicate. but don't push him, give him some space to think, and he will come around with an answer

• We broke up

• But we've broken up before and gotten back together so I hope to god this is just one of those times

• if you get back together who's to say he wouldn't break up with you again? I'm sorry he did this to you, but if a guy wanted a relationship to work, he would try. it's better to get a breakup than a divorce. clearly he needs some space right now, give it to him, if you try to get him back in any way that will just push him further. don't be sad he's not worth your time

Sponsored

What Guys Said 5

• Did something happen to him/in his life?

• I dunno, he won't say. He said it's because of his grandfather and uncle,( they passed away a few years ago) but I doubt that all it is, there has to be more.

• You're saying "fiancé" is it supposed to be soon, or still far off? He could be getting nervous about that. How old is he?

• So the first thing I did was look at your age. I mean this sincerely so do not take offense. At 18, you probably shouldn't have a fiance yet. That aside your fiance is probably a kid, like you who can't even drink a beer yet legally. I would feel lost too if I was already engaged so early in life. Im not saying it isn't possible, but you are asking a male perspective and I am offering one... a real one. The guy probably doesn't have his mind made up aswell as you do and is realizing it as he gets older. He cares for you but doesn't feel he has done enough yet in life to settle down. The best advice I can give you on not losing him is to give him space and let him figure it out. If you press, you push him away further. In the end he has to make up his mind to not be lost anymore, its not something you can do for him.

• depends on where they live with the drinking bear legally, sorry... just thought I'd pick up on that incase it made her feel better, but apart from that I agree with your opinion

• yeah, you just don't hear about it as much that's all

• the only reason i bring up age is because i feel it is directly related to this guy feeling lost. If its marriage forever then there is no rush and time should just be enjoyed, not rush to be engaged before your even 20. I would be lost too.

• Put him on the phone and I'll have a talk with him

• I d just say give him his space to think things through and talk about it with him when he s ready.

• sounds like he's depressed

• How do I help him without losing him? He means everything to me

• than whats the point of being engaged then

• if it's exactly the same. why say you're engaged?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!