Need help about my ex and drunk texting?

Me and my ex work together I don't mind being civil but he always acts like we're friends. He crosses the line a lot talking about the past, giving me special treatment and acting like he cares.

Problem is some stupid part of my brain translates that as him still caring. I can go for a good while without drunk texting him but then sometimes something happens and I do it. I did it last week and it's been 7months. I'm aware that's really pathetic and he probably thinks I'm an idiot but I have deleted his number.

I don't know how to act when I see him though. I feel so shitty he knows I'm this pathetic. I'm going to try minimise contact because I can't deal with these feelings anymore.

12

What Guys Said 2

• I'm glad you realize this is "pathetic" as you say. I mean, if you don't want to talk to him, don't talk to him. And quite frankly, it's very clear that you're not over him so keeping some distance seems like a really good idea. Seven months is a long, long time to still not be over someone. I feel that if you're not over someone within three months, you're doing things to keep yourself in misery.

• Bloke the number

What Girls Said 1

• Delete his number and any old texts so there is no option to do it again. It's been a fair bit of time Hun, but if you see him often then reading more into those signals could keep emotions at the fore front. He may well still care and that's why he's acting as he does - but if you're having trouble recognising it's only as a friend if either place some distance yourself and avoid him or ask him to tone it down