How long does it take to get over a long term relationship?

51
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 5

• It depends on you. But rumor has it that it takes a person half the length of time they dated to get over them.
    It really depends on the breakup. Was one person already falling out of love or just not interested anymore. In that case it wouldn't take long to get over someone. Did someone cheat (the hurt could take a while to get over). If a person passed away (heaven forbid)... you may never get over that person. It just all depends on the circumstances and how the person handles it and makes the next move in their life.

• That rumor isn't true. At least for me. I dated my ex for almost a month last February/March and he broke up with me and went back with his on again off again ex girlfriend in March 2016 and I'm still not over him

• how ever long it takes... a second a day a year two years... there's no time restraint or guidelines it's up to you

• Depends on you and your relationship with the other person, maybe how things ended as well. Mine took a month tops (3.5 years together) but he cheated... So things moved on quickly for me.

• Year

• my dad hasn't fully moved on from my mom. and it has been almost 7 years. I guess it will take time especially if youve been together for long you know.

What Guys Said 1

• You never really get over it completely if that shit was real. You just move on. I was getting laid and talking to other women a month after but it took me a while to actually move on 100% mentally.