How do you tear yourself away from a toxic relationship?

I have so much love for this girl... but she gets me into trouble, were always at each others necks, and I have serious trust issues from our past together, but for some reason I can't leave her alone... even though I know she'll never change. any advice?

01
Sponsored

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• You will eventually get hurt big time, bro. Do not say you were never warned. You are better off to quit the relationship right now, not tomorrow. I know it's easy said than done.

You seem to be the sensible person in that relationship but your love for her is clouding your judgement, and impeding you to made the necessary decision.

By not making the decision she ultimately has the upper hand, and very soon she would make the decision for you. It will hurt you severely.

Take it from me, bro. I have been in the exact circumstances like you. When a decision is very hard to make, 99% of the time it is the right decision.

You quit by making the decision yourself. Memories of her, the sex, the good times you shared with her, and your feelings for her would to trick to stay in the relationship. The fear of being lonely, deprived of female love would trick you to stay in a toxic relationship.

Don't listen to those voices. They are voices of desperation and neediness.

Do the following:

## Step 1
    Accept you can't switch off your feelings for her like a switch light. Come to terms with your helplessness.

## Step 2
    Feel the hurtful feelings of breaking up; don't divert your focus from them. Diverting focus from the hurtful feelings slows your recovery.

## Step 3
    Accept she is no longer with you.

# Step 4
    Focus on the good memories she brought to your life and on things you'd have loved to experience with her. Don't focus on her weaknesses to convince yourself she wasn't good enough.

# Step 5
    Remove items (e. g. clothes, cosmetics, pictures, etc.) you associate with her. Block and delete all her contact details (e. g. phone number, email address, whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, snapchat, etc.). Block even her closed friends if necessary.

# Step 6
    While carrying out the above five steps, engage in new or abandoned hobbies. Schedule targets for each hobby to do daily or weekly.

# Step 7
    Draw inspiration from a previous breakup or personal life challenge. It changes your mood. It's like telling yourself I have been through this before, and came out stronger 6 to 12 months.