Do you think it's ok to contact your ex, the one after you're still heartbroken?

He ended things with me almost 2 weeks ago and the real pain just kicked in. At first I was too shocked to react, but now I realise it's truly over and I'm so heartbroken and sad that I go to sleep crying and wake up doing the same thing. Tomorrow it's Easter in my country and I feel like it's a good oportunity to text him and ask him how is he doing. I miss talking to him and want to know if he misses me the same way I do. But on the other hand, I'm affraid talking to him will hurt me more, especially that the wound he created in me is still open and I'm gonna have a hard time not talking to him after that. It's like it's gonna happen all over again, losing him and getting used to not talking. What do you guys say?

34

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Someone leaving you is them saying "Sorry but despite you and all your qualities, I don't want you, I'd rather find someone else and try my luck somewhere else". Do you not see how silly it is to go back to someone like that? You contacting him is you saying despite how low worth you were to him, you're going to crawl back, be desperate and will grab any breadcrumb he throws at you. If he really wants you, he'll contact you and find a way to be with you. You should never make the first move as the person who was dumped. This literally just reeks desperation and that is not attractive. I know it hurts but reaching out won't make you feel better and will just make you look like the girl who can't take no for a answer. Whether he misses you or not is irrelevant because he left you. Therefore, he can't be missing you so much if he hasn't felt the need to talk to you.

Try to hang in there, be good to yourself and delete his number. The temptation will just linger.

• Thank you. I get your point. I guess the holiday part is not reason enough then

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• Not only no but fuck no

• So it's a bad idea. But what can I do if i miss him so damn much? And maybe he's gonna text me happy holidays or something and I couldn't possibly ignore his text.

• Never communicate or have anything to do with an ex. Successful couples don't break up

• Move on he's not worth it

• u should never contact ur ex... it may lead to problems

What Girls Said 2

• You're going through a lot of pain already, why would you want to talk to him and feel even more pain (ontop of the existing pain you have) to see if he misses you?

• i wouldn't do that