Told my girlfriend she eats a lot. It was a joke?

176

Most Helpful Girl

• Its a joke, why would she hit you? She should apologize asap.

Most Helpful Guy

• fuck these girls defending your girlfriend
    she is a psycho you should runaway from this type of crazy bitches

Sponsored

What Girls Said 16

• Joking about a girl's weight isn't a good idea and could put a lot of negative thoughts in her head about herself no matter how skinny and fit she may be. That's how eating disorders start. With that being said, that doesn't excuse or justify her actions. Communication is key at this point. Tell her you were joking and that you didn't know it would affect her emotionally the way it did. You genuinely didn't mean it. Also bring up the fact that no matter what the situation is, she should NEVER put her hands on you the way she did. That was unacceptable.

• She's nuts. If she hit you for a small comment like that, you can only imagine what kind if violence a real argument will garner.

• 1. You're a dumbass
    2. Despite being a dumbass, her reaction is unwarranted and constitutes abuse. Your partner should never hurt you (unless its private time and its consensual.) I'd be careful, abuse starts small but it can get much worse.

• I don't understand why some girls are so pissed by your comment. The issue is not you, it's her. She's a fucking bitch and you should dump her abussive ass. And girls should not get offended by 'fat' comments if they're eating without thinking and getting fatter and fatter. Take care of yourself and don't blame others

• She sounds like a crazy bitch, causing a scratch to your head because you joked she eats a lot 😂 Hope you broke things off and blocked her after that

• What did she do to you? Scratch you or hit you with something?

Joking about how much a woman eats isn't a joke dude (it can be interpreted as you trying to indirectly call her fat). EITHER WAY, she should of NEVER reacted violently towards you.

If you don't want to be with her, break up.

• Scratch me with her nails. She's skinny and fit I thought she would get that it's just a joke

• Ouch dude 😣

• 😂😂🤣 don't you know to never imply that a girl is fat? Well at least now you won't say it to her again and risk injury. It's like playing minesweeper when it comes to a girls weight 😂

• It wasn't right for her to hit you, but it's never a good idea for you to joke about a girls weight, or even how much she eats, even if you're kidding

• What a douchebag comment

• Omg. I'm dying 🤣. I would probably do the same.

• if u were in front of people when u said it then u deserve that, otherwise that's a bit much

• you should not do that. you literally told her that she fat without you knowing

• she has no sense of humour

• You may very well be an asshole, but you still don't deserve to get hit. Is there anything about this like she truly did not realize she was hitting you that hard? MAYBE I could forgive that, maybe...

But no, you shouldn't stand for it. I would tell a woman to break up with a man who hits her. I think that's probably what you should do too.

I did lash out at a couple of boyfriends physically when I was young, but only a couple of times. I'm not proud of it. They should have broken up with me on the spot. I am in much better control of myself and rarely have feelings of wanting to lash out in anger.

• Rule #1 of dating a woman: don't say anything that even remotely suggests that she's fat.

It's ok though, just explain and apologize.

• I don't get why people think I'm the one who should apologize. I'm the one with a scar on my forhead

• You should apologize for hurting her feelings apparently. Regardless of how she acted you should still take responsibility for the things that you have done to contribute to fights, disagreements, etc. As she should, you didn't include that in the details about you questions so obviously I couldn't address that in my response.

• Sorry just saw the picture, I overlooked it thinking it was an ad or something.

• While I'm not condoning the violence, some people are very sensitive to comments like that, and even though you might not have meant to hurt her feelings, you did. I think you should try to talk it over with her and explain that you didn't mean it as an offensive comment or anything like that.

• I'm the one who should try to talk it over? ha ha ha ha ha

• She reacted badly, and hurting you was in no way the right thing for her to do, but communication is essential with things like this. If she has repeatedly hurt you like this over small things, then you should break up with her, but if this is a one time thing that had to do with overreacting, sometimes it's best to be the bigger person and talk it over.

• This is the first time but I'm not gonna try anything. She's the one who should come and apologize. Tired of being the bigger person in this relationship

What Guys Said 5

• A joke is supposed to be funny.

I fail to see the funny...

Would it also be funny if she said you have a pencil dick? Like the size of that scratch? Because that's pretty funny.

• Well deserved in my opinion

• She did that to you? Report it to the police and breakup with her because she's a nutter and she might cry wolf and turn the table on you.

• If she assaulted you over that, she's way over line. Dump her, if she's willing to attack you over something so petty, imagine what she'll be willing to do to you, your property, and even your colleagues if you called her ugly in a dress or fat.

• Hah right now she needs kiss, and a really affectionate one from you, and try chewing a few pepper mints or something that is of her favorite flavor