How can I get over my ex if I see him a lot?

We dated for 3 months and broke up on March 7 (about a month ago). I can't stop thinking about him and even see him in my dreams. We had a nasty breakup as he was the one who broke up with me. It was for a silly reason like my medication and an outburst I had just once. He said he still wanted to be friends but it's hard to believe that when he won't even look me in the eye and won't talking to me anymore than 20 seconds about nonsense stuff. He's in my group of friends and I play D&D with him and a few others every week. I stopped talking to him because I was worried I was going to say something stupid. I have severe depression and anxiety and I know it's showing. I so badly want to get back together with him but in the meantime, how do I get over, make him want me back and show him that my life is even better now that he's gone?

Most Helpful Guy

• want me to jump him?

Sponsored

What Guys Said 6

• I know what you feel like. My LDR ex of 3 years broke up with me about 5 months ago. She got tired of my social anxiety and depression. I still constantly think of her. Sometimes to the point where I can't focus on anything. I just use the time to look deep within myself and ask where did I go wrong? So that i can make myself a better person... then I tell myself. what is the point, I lost her. She isn't going to take me back... I want to believe that, if I change and be the person she believed i could be... she would take me back one day... then I remember she completely cut her ties with me... after 3years she disappears never to speak to me again. Yet i still love her, but they say to find someone else or live in misery. Yet the misery is what keeps me going, it a reminder that I loved. I just can't look at other people right now. Everytime I do the she pops into my head and guilt. Not to mention the constant feeling from fear of never being good enough. so I guess I'm screwed haha. Just one foot at a time.

• observe: I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

• you worth more than that. start hanging out with your friends , meet new people or keep yourself busy. you have to prove to yourself that "he isn't worthy enough of your time ".

• ik this doesn't help but you broke up on my birthday lol

• I'm sorry about that. You can blame some of it on him. I never asked for the breakup.

• ummm... no need for an apology... its a funny coincident...

• believe me... you guys can never be friends again if you were in love before... and if you are still friends... then you were not in love before...

• What do you mean? I'm friends with 2 of my exes and things seem fine

• just stop calling it 'depression' first... you will gel along...

• good luck

• try to hook up with strangers

What Girls Said 0