Shall one stay friends with an ex?

Shall one stay friends with an ex and meet each other with some frequency, even if there's no chance of returning back? Or do you think it's better to forget from each other, and no longer meet?

• I have an ex and I think "yes"
    7%(1)17%(5)Vote25%(4)
  • I have an ex and I think "no"
    79%(11)53%(16)Vote31%(5)
  • I don't have an ex
    14%(2)30%(9)Vote44%(7)

Most Helpful Girl

• No. If you're going to move on then actually move on. If not then don't say you have. Im suck of people in denial about this kind of thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends how bad the breakup was. If it was mutual and no hard feelings, then more friends are always nice to have. If it was a terrible breakup.. the two may need some time apart.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 3

• depends on the ex and the circumstances that caused the breakup.

i am friends with only one ex. we were friends who tried to be romantic and, when it didn't work out, just went back to being friends. we aren't as close as we were before we started dating (we hang out maybe once a year, if that), but i have no bad feelings toward him at all.

however, if s/he was violent or cheated on me, then hell to the no.

• That depends on maturity of the both.

• It depends on the person and the way it ended.

What Guys Said 8

• It's definitely not easy, but it can happen. You just have to be tough.

• I have an ex and I'm still friends with her.

• it depends on the type of closure you had with that person and about what you want for yourself in the future.

• It depends on the situation. If one of them still has feelings then it's better not to stay in contact. If u both agree on breaking up without drama then I see no problem with staying friends

• I don't have any ex's

• I don't have an ex

• Nope. Forget her.

• Move on... they are ancient history. Look forwards, never backwards.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a35497-exes-they-are-ancient-history-why-even-care-or-bother