Let me see if I get your dilema..
Basically, in order for there to be a dilema, what was done must somehow be in conflict with your belief system about men.
- You're not his girlfriend
- He determined you were in no condition to go home
- It didn't cost him anything to make sure you were safe that night & taken care of
- So he offered to let you sleep at his place, where it was immediately close & safe
Okay, so far, the normal thing to do for a guy or girl that isn't a homeless bum, you don't hate, or have any reason to believe they would steal or otherwise destroy your property..
Being in a dilema over this, implies volumes about what (you) think about men, more than how men really are.. How (you) define "normal male behavior" in your mind, versus what normal male behavior actually is..
Honestly, in your system of beliefs that you hold as true, (and therefore create this dilema), is it the case that:
- Unless a girl is a guy's girlfriend.. then,
- If she's in no condition to go home, he's going to try and get her to leave his place..
- If her safety is questionable, either because of her sleepiness or hour of the night, then he's just going to tell her they'll talk tomorrow..
- But in no circumstance will he offer her something as simple & cost-free to him as sleeping over his place for "one" night.. until she can go back to her place the next day..
Geez.. talk about taking something small & making it into a big deal..
If she was staying there for multiple days.. I could understand.. but a day?