Breaking up from stress? How do I help him?

Long story short my boyfriend broke up with me cause we're both heading into a stressful time period of final exams and yea its a harsh and im ready to deal with it... But my boyfriend decided we should break up cause he can't handle it and im not sure whether its really the reason or not and I dont know what to do... Like if it really is the reason and we will get back together he would just break up with me and run away everytime something gets hard and thats not healthy for him or me... How do I help him or at least explain it to him? Should we get back together? Any tips and advice would help :)Breaking up from stress? How do I help him??

1110

Most Helpful Guy

• Just leave him be for now. Don't try to "convince" him because whether it's the "real" reason or not, he's made his decision. Give him space and time and he may just decide on his own that he misses you and wants you back. But either way, he'll appreciate not being pressured by you. Relationships alone can be very stressful, not to mention adding everything else in life, so it may just be too much for him to handle right now. But if you pressure him with "why?" or "what can I do" right now it's only going to have the opposite affect and drive him further away.

Most Helpful Girl

• I ran away from my boyfriend too because he was stressing me out. If he decides to leave you like that from stress you should leave him alone. It is sadly the painful way to do it, but I can tell you, it won`t get any better if you contribute to his feeling of pressure. Maybe he will change his mind if you move straight on, don`t look back and show the world that you are still okay. Most exes are attracted to this. But for now, just let him go on with his decision. It will help him calm down, analyze the situation alone and peacefully without pressure.

Good luck!

Sponsored

What Guys Said 9

• I think most people are under stress, the level of stress is what causes one to end the relationship but I think one could give each other space without breaking up.
    You may want to consider things about this relationship and i agree it's not healthy to keep breaking up and getting back together again.

• If he is making that excuse now then he is going make in the future. It's best not to get caught up in his game. Plus a lot of high school couples breakup eventually. You should find someone (even if he is shy and has no experience, like me) that wants to work through difficult times. Or you could just being comfortable on your own.

• After exams are over , you can talk to him again.

• there's another reason and exams are the easiest excuse to drop you.

• he pretty much wants to get rid of you because he may have met someone else.

• That sucks no 1 should do that

• how does even that matters... living together helps u not let u Down..

• Let him go dear... its better for ur future

• it's a death sentence to a relationship.. if he can't do it when it gets tough, how does he plan on doing it, if you ever cheated

• Taking it down to cheating is rough turn and something id never do but I like its always stressful its the last year before military so ofcourse its stress

• but if he breaks up with me everytime there's a bit if stress we'll nvr survive

What Girls Said 10

• Happened to me last year, my boyfriend broke up with me due to him going through a stressful time. He came crawling back two months later realizing that it wasn't me it was just his life and begged! The important thing is to stay silent and don't beg or talk to him or seem sad. that'll help him see what he's missing

• I guess he used stress as an excuse. Even with the stress, you could have stayed together, maybe don't see each other, but no reason to break up.
    But please concentrate on your exams and after the exams, talk with him.
    You Exam and future is more important than this

• You can't, that's the shit part of life you have to accept what other people's choices are.

You can still b there as his friend through that time and not disappear completely so that once the stressful time is over you can see if when things settle down you can get back on track again.

If not you know he was lying!!

• Exams are always stressful and sometimes a relationship is a distraction. Perhaps if you wait till exams are over then look about getting into a relationship again

• He didn't break up because of that "stress" I'll go through my final exams very soon too and it's not that stressful to break up only little boys come up with such an excuse. Just avoid any contact and focus on yourself if he ever writes you again tell him that he had his chance and broke up with you, tell him that he has to grow up and that he's not mature enough for a relationship and that it's never going to work between you too. Just keep it straight

• noone should break up because theyre going through a ""stressful" phase... stress is inevitable and if you are to work, you get each other and tru to destress one another rather than break up.. thats running away.. and for exams? i think you should talk because does not seem right

• Who breaks up over exams? There's something else going on there. If he can't stick by you through exams, he won't stick by you through anything.

• Breaking up over that?

• move on

• Well hun the fact. he jumps to dumping you for stress does sound like there's more going on than just that... and you can explain his side, but you won't trust him again