What would you do if you unexpectedly found out that your girlfriend/boyfriend was racist?

I was on the 3rd date with this girl I really like and decided to take her hiking through a local wilderness park. we climbed to the highest point and found a big flat Rock to lay on. we started kissing, and soon after that happy Mexican family strolled on by us about 50ft away. their two kids were laughing and chasing each other around (as kids do). just then, she rolled over, looked at me, and said "I know it's horrible, but I hate Mexicans." Now this came as a bit of a shock as you could probably guess. I will say that I have been trying to think of a way to break up with ever since this came out.

210
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe she was joking?

• she %100 was not joking.

• Time to say bye then. And I'm not a a crazy political correctness person at all-- I get racist jokes exist and sometimes yes I laugh at them.

But a racist is not someone you want to associate with.

• I couldn't ever date someone that was racist it would go against my own morals and beliefs

What Guys Said 10

• I'd simply tell her that I can't be with a prejudiced woman. It's not something I think points out a persons ignorance and I don't want to be associated with it. If she says she'll change, very few do. It's ingrained.

• you're right. most don't ever change. however, I don't believe that it's flat out impossible for them to change. I just can't.

• I don't believe it's impossible either. I think most won't change. Some do and I'm sure it's not easy even though some might think so.

• abort abort abort. tell her you dont want that toxicity in your relationship

• Wouldn't bother me. As long as it doesn't affect me, I wouldn't care.

• I'd drop her faster than a hot rock.

• thanks, that made me laugh😂

• I would call the thought police, because disliking people is totally illegal. unless you dislike them for disliking other people. I mean it's (insert current year) people

• Is there context she can apply to her statement? Like
    ' I hate Mexicans... all my immediate family were killed by mexicans'

• You're both entitled to your opinions and if you don't like hers then tell her and break up with her. Don't hide it just do it

• So-called "racism" would never be a factor in my relationship with a female. She absolutely has the right to her own opinions in regards to peoples race. Seems pretty extreme to break up with her simply because of THIS

• Lol i wouldn't care.

• If I was you, I would've laughed at her for being really random, got ice cream and then fucked the shit out of her that night.