Dating someone going through divorce?

I've been seeing a man for 2 months now and he is on the process of divorce. Please don't give me lectures that it's a bad idea because i'm aware of that and i'm still open on seeing other people and i am always for my own good. We always have a good time and enjoy each other's company and can have long talks pretty much about everything. He says that i've swept off his feet and that he loves me. but every now and then he says he worries that i get involved with the "drama" of his divorce/marriage. I totally get that and i don't ever start a conversation about it unless he talks about it. I know women/men getting through a divorce will have a hard time especially after it's final. It's a hard process and requires a long time of self exploration and healing. I feel that he is sincere and truly cares about me. I know he wants me so badly. But what does it mean when he says he is guilty and odd about not being able to treat me the way he wanted to? Guilty about not being able to give his best and worried for not seeing a real reasonable outcome anytime soon? I don't ask or give ultimatum for what we have. I understand his situation (divorce) but why does he say that?

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Wait for him to divorce officially

• I am willing to wait for it to be official while i'm focusing on my career. But he wants to stay in contact but always worried about things. What's the best thing to do?

• I understand that. But what else can i tell him to not punish himself and worry all the time. I'm doing really fine with what we have as i need to focus on other things in my life.

• Explain it to him cleary