How do I cope after being heartbroken?

So me and my boyfriend split up about 2/3 weeks ago, he ended with me. He said he couldn't do it anymore and he just wasn't ready for commitment. He also said he felt trapped and that he had to look after me all the time. It's true my health wasn't great because at the time I was on the implant and it sent me crazy, panic attacks all the time and I completely get why it'd stress him out. He said he still loved me as a friend and we should still hang out the odd time and keep in contact. Is this a good idea or should I just move on? It'd kill me though if he was with someone else even the thought of him having sex with another woman disgusts me. We were only together for 5 months so maybe I just need more time to get over him?

52

Most Helpful Guy

• You will not remain friends even if he suggests or agrees to it. That is always a lie and not recommended anyway. Get over the breakup and him and get on with your life without him

Most Helpful Girl

• Going through a heartbreak can be devastating to say the least. You will get through it. You have to grieve. So cry spend time thinking about the situation. Talk with friends and family. Get it all out of your system. Then you have to start telling yourself that you will find a man better eventually. I will not lie to you, that dating sucks. Putting yourself out there and exposing yourself to guys can be draining. So I will not go into detail with that because I do not date and want a relationship at this time. But as far as moving on, it can be done. You just have to work hard to try to move on instead of thinking about him. Get rid of all memories of him. Like give yourself a time to get over him write on your calendar six months from now "should be over him". That way when that day comes you can reflect and I can guarantee that you will be over him. I have tried this method and it worked for me. The feelings werent as strong as before, and I found myself not even bothering to want to contact them because I know that it will ruin my day. You WILL get through this believe me.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• If that's what you fell remove him from your life or it will grow as a disease for you..

What Girls Said 4

• Cut Communication , This is the best way to get over him. Block his number , delete him from social media , get rid of his contact info. This will get rid of temptation to text him or call him and you won't have to see his face pop up every time you're on Facebook. After that, get some time with your friends and go out , have fun, dont overdo any drinking as this might bring all the emotions back, but let loose and go out , find ways to distract yourself. time heals everything I promise , good luck !

• I think you should move on. Don't contact him for now because it's going to make moving on even harder.

• Give it time you will move on and I think distancing yourself from him is the best way

• Move on. But I know exactly how you feel. It is best you don't see him. I am sure you will meet someone that sweeps you off your feet. Good luck