What's your opinion on divorce?

­čśÂ?

235

Most Helpful Girl

• Some times it's necessary. Personally, would I want to go through a divorce? No. They can be very nasty and hard, especially if you have children involved. If I did go through one though, and I had children, I wouldn't remarry. At least not for awhile. It would just be my children and I.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's Only avoidable if someone never marry. But if someone marry then it's always a possibility for them to face, because married life isn't as simple and easier, it requires maintenance to keep it going and not fall into stagnancy. It's a big life decision to marry as much as a divorce also is. Can't divorce if someone is not married. Last I've read somewhere the odds of divorce happening are about 50 percent or about half. Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 22

• Necessary in some unfortunate instances, but trivialized in other cases. My opinion will vary from couple to couple but I've foretold a number of people's divorces (in my head) before they even said "I do". I think you have to be smart when choosing a partner and that you have to make a commitment like that for the right reasons. But people do change and grow apart so I do think that if you make a choice to separate, especially if there are kids involved, that it has to be for the right reasons.

• I believe divorce isn't something to be ashamed of in the way that majority of our society feels ashamed of. People should understand everything is temporary, lives, relationships, feelings, etc. Everything is meant to end the moment it begins and if people wish to divorce it would be the bet choice instead of lingering on it like fools and hurt the people around them.

• Not something I would ever want to go through. I believe in trying to work things out before it gets that far. If all options have been exhausted, then I guess it's best to give the person what they want.

• It's a lawyer's wet dream.

• If all other avenues have failed to keep it together, everyone deserves the right to be happy in this life.

• It can be necessary.

• should be avoided at all costs but if you've tried therapy and all that jazz and nothing worked then just do it

• It's not ideal.

• It's sad but it happens. I prefer people to be able to get out of terrible relationships.

• Don't marry someone if you know you are not going to spend the rest of your life with ! Divorce is a waste

• IT IS WHAT IT. WHEN YOU TAKE THE VOW TO MARRY N YOUR MIND YOU CAN ONLY HOPE IT LAST LIKE YOU'D LIKE OR HOPE BUT IF OR WHEN THINGS CHANGE LIKE a lot OF TIMES IT DOES U MAY HAV TO RETHINK THINGS. IF FOR SOME REASON YOU RUN INTO DIFFICULTIES THAT YOU CAN'T RESOLVE U MAY HAV TO LEAVE THAT SITUATION BECAUSE IT'S BEST FOR U, THE KIDS, YOUR SANTITY OR JUST PEACE OF MIND. DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE A FAILURE IT SIMPLY MEANS THAT U NEEDED TO MOVE ON & THAT'S K!

• It happens to a lot of people. It's usually for the better

• dont get married and you won't have to get divorced.

• It's one of the toughest things a kid has to deal with.

• i think divorce is bad news but people should not be forced to stay together if they dont want to so sometimes divorce may be necessary
    thats why its better to be sure of the one you want to marry

• unless one of you cheats there is no reason to divorce, no problem that can't be resolved if you both work at it and it should be avoided

• Hard on the kids, especially if at least one of the parents is a manipulative prick (or worse), but do if you were married to one of thkse, just get a divorce and take the kids with you (it is not kidnapping). Beware of the kids playing both sides.

• It sucks a*s. I understand that some relationships become toxic and/or abusive and that ending them is the only healthy solution but some people --a lot, actually-- are simply incapable of putting in the effort to honor their vows.

• Sometimes it's the only solution

• Its for people whose marriage failed

• Divorce if you are unhappy with your partner. There's nothing wrong with that.

• I think it's better than staying in a loveless marriage

What Guys Said 4

• I guess if two people can't get along than that's best choice
    my mom and dad were married for 31 years before getting
    divorced but they got what is called a "No Fault Divorce"
    cause the truth is they were both to blame for the divorce.

• We are free to do what feels best I guess. If that is Divorce, so be it

• It should always be avoided if possible.

• its stupid. marry the right person.