Ex is ignoring me after I sent him sweet message?

Me and my ex broke up a few days ago - before we did we hooked up and he said he'll always love me, wants to be friends, and still holds out some hope but he left quickly. The next day he called me and said he "has one of my earrings" and we planned to meet up today so I could get it back. I told him I left things unsaid last time I saw him and sent him a long message saying I'm sorry if I caused him pain, it was great to see him again, and that it was a blessing to know him - it was a sweet message and he saw it but has not said a word to me for days which I find offensive. He'd usually like something like that, or would be the one sending it himself so it's not like him to not respond. Anyway, I'm hurt and have the impression he doesn't care at all/stopped caring so I don't know if I should remove him from facebook and block him everywhere so I can move on and have no thought of 'when will he message me'.

What should I do?

I am really not trying to get him back at all --- I do still feel for him and I was genuinely trying to say Im' sorry and end things on a sweet, loving note by sending him that message so I left nothing unsaid. But I am still offended he'd say nothing to me and definitely very confused - I do still care.

27
Sponsored

What Guys Said 7

• Give it time. He may be using these days to let everything sink in. He might be asking a close friend for advice and carefully thinking over what he should do. He may not want make a rash decision. Wait a couple days. You never know what life threw his way. Maybe he is stressed out about something else, too and it's hard for him to make a rational decision. He could be under a lot of pressure. I'm not sure if he's a student but if he is final exams are coming up! Also drama from work, family, or friends could have caused him to be distracted. Give him time to clear his head.

• He texted me saying he wants to trade off giving me my earring back and wants me to write him a last love letter (it was our thing) because he wrote me one. Why the hell would he want another love letter? Just as an ego boost, or does he still have feelings for me?

• This sounds like something I'm not qualified to answer. There is a lot going on here. If I were to give you an honest answer I don't know if it'd apply to you and your ex. I was under the impression that you were reaching out to him because you had some residual feelings for him. Maybe you still do. I don't know It's not my place to say. But if you are done with this relationship - 100% done. Walk away.

• If you have a glimmer of hope that you could rekindle this relationship by all means go the extra mile and end it on good terms. I can't honestly tell you what you should do. Because you know this guy and you know what's best for you. But I know what I would do and I know what works for me. If I exchanged love letters with someone while we were in a relationship, it would only be WHILE we were in a relationship. That is a luxury that my partner gets not my ex. I don't think it matters why he wants the letter ego boost or something else. But it still matters to you. Maybe you should ask yourself why it matters so much?

• i think he got the idea that you are trying to get back with him. And probably he is not ready for it yet.

• After the message. About a day after, he texted me saying he still wants me to write him a love letter. What, like something in the message made him feel something or what? Im pretty confused. Not sure if he even deserves a love letter.

• then i am pretty sure he thought you wanted to get away with writing a message only and did not want to write the letter.

• he's your ex. there are no more obligations in your relationship. you have no right to feel upset that he doesn't care about you as deeply as before.

• She definitely has a right to feel upset! like wth, YES she does. This was a relationship and when it ends, they BOTH are totally allowed to feel upset! This is a legit question and you tell her she's not allowed to feel this way?

• apologies for not being clearer. of course she can feel upset. but blaming him for not caring about her anymore (after their breakup) will lead to unhealthy expectations.

• from what I understand, she seems to feel that there is still hope in salvaging her relationship with her ex. if things don't work out the way she (subconsciously?) expects them to, she will only be more hurt.

• honestly I'm trying to be friends with my ex too but it's not working because she's soo full of herself just because she's had soo much sex before

• Typical female hypocrisy.

• he needs time

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think you should block him on things because that could cause unnecessary tension instead of leaving things on good terms. Just stop contacting him until he contacts you. But also remember that he is your ex now, and doesn't have to reply anymore.

• Don't worry it's not that serious, you said your not trying to get back with him so why worry just live your life and be happy