Is this normal?

I'm not talking about the ones who turned out to be cheaters or scumbags. I mean, if you ended on good terms or if your love wasn't at the right time or even situation. And lets say you're in a committed relationship and you're really happy in it, you would not change a thing, but sometimes you just think of your ex (without wanting to go back or anything). Is that normal?

15
Sponsored

What Guys Said 5

• Normal and healthy to sometimes think about good times you've had in the past. You can't live in the past, and you can't turn back time and try to re-live the past, but you can think about it or think about people that were part of your life. Nothing wrong with that, though sometimes it's best to just leave the thoughts as thoughts, not act on them.

• Exactly, you are 100% right

• Yeah, definitely. I still think of my first girlfriend almost daily. We're both very different people now but we catch up every now and then. I have no attraction to her anymore, I just simply care deeply about her. I think it's because she made a huge impact on my life and helped make me who I am. I look back to when were we together and I don't think I've felt that same level of happiness ever since, I was young and the whole relationship thing was new at that stage. The sky was the limit and there were no bad breakups or hurt that was preventing me from connecting with her like I have with women now. Now I go into relationships with my guard up or opt for casual hookups.. Which I'm not particularly happy about. Anyways, I'm rambling now. But yes, I'm sure it's normal.

• Well yes, he was my first boyfriend/first love. So I guess its normal to think of them, since they do impact and mark a new think in your, life

• Yup, I think of this one ex of mine all the time. I don't want to go back to her cause I hated her but i still think of her. I think it's very normal :/

• Lol. I hate how things turned out to be, not him as a person, but yeah, even after years, it still hurts me

• *find

• nah don't be sorry it's cool

• Every significant relationship that you have touches your life and changes you and it would be wrong to forget about them. This is nothing to be worried about.

• I don't have any good memories of my exes

What Girls Said 1

• I thought about my ex too much. It was unhealthy how much I thought of him but I think it was because I didn't accept the break up. It is totally normal to think of an ex once in a blue moon. Heck, sometimes I randomly think of people I went to high school with and just wonder what they're up to these days.

• Yeah, not accepting the break up is the worse thing. I accepted the break up but I just hate how it ended. I'm in a great relationship now and I truly love my current partner, and I feel like some guilt if I think of guys from my past. Not in a romantic way, just like remembering the good times and all

• It's really ok to do that but don't dwell in it. When you date someone, you develop a closeness to them that you dont have with any other person, so you are bound to think of it at some point.