What did you do to get over the Break up?

• Find someone else
    33%(10)43%(19)Vote64%(9)
  • Cried and try to move on
    67%(20)57%(25)Vote36%(5)

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never had a break up but my friend always shares his girlfriend's nude pics and her phone number to all his friends.

he does this to every girl he breaks up with!

• Wow. You and your friend are both really immature.

• Well, your friend is immature. Why even share your friends business? Seeing that you're 17, you do realize your friends actions are illegal, correct?

• @anon6358 Yeah, well i agree he's sick somehow... but he's still my bro, my sickass bro.

Most Helpful Girl

• Whether to try to move on (I don't cry on the outside, only feeling sad/ shitty) or to find someone else... it depends on what you're feeling at the time. I've done both.

If I was with a guy who I didn't think was "the one" or feel a serious deep connection with, and I don't feel emotionally depleted, I might just focus my energy on finding someone new. But I can only do that if I'm feeling good about myself, high energy, etc.

On the other hand, if I was with a guy that I really liked, and I felt a strong mutual connection with and we broke up (probably means that I just screwed something up), I would take time to myself to recoup. This means really focusing on myself, my goals, my happiness, and building myself back up even more. Specifically, I go to the gym more than normal, do almost daily facials, salt baths, listen to kick ass music (where the person is also inward focusing), think about all the ways I can improve myself - FOR MYSELF - and basically become as narcissistic as possible for a little while. It doesn't mean I become a bitch, it just means I re-prioritize my feelings and needs for attention to myself. It's like focusing on and re-boosting self-love for as long as it takes to feel good and whole again, and not feeling empty without someone else's love.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 8

• I vote C: kittens and puppies. Seriously, animals provide a type of unconditional love that is unlike anything else. Check your local shelters and volunteer, shelters are usually desperate for volunteers. I go regularly and especially on days where I feel down and depressed and always end up feeling much better afterwards. You're getting love, giving love (I'm sure they get lonely in the kennel), and doing something good.

Animals sense your emotions (dogs especially) and give you much love.

• game my feelings away

• Depending on how much and how deep you were in love with the person, you will have to take the pain and move ahead. It took me a year before I was able to motivate after losing my special someone. Flush your system then start fresh.

• I didn't need to do anything to get over it.

• go get another girl

• Hit the gym.
    Meet other people.
    Fall in love again.

• Considered as chepter rather than book.😋

What Girls Said 17

• I ultimately did both, but the crying and trying to move on definitely came first. If the breakup was tough, I think a mourning period is necessary before you can open yourself up fully to a new person. In my case, after my first and only major breakup, I didn't start dating again for a year.

• Fool proof method.

1. Eat a LOT of ice cream
    2. Watch a LOT of mindless TV
    3. Go to the gym and make your body look like you didn't just eat a LOT of ice cream.
    4. Get back on the dating scene and make them feel like they're missing out because you look smoking hot now :p

Fool proof 100% success

• I dunno, I get over things really fast. We were together 3 years, but the second I got an official goodbye... I cried my eyes out for a few hours, then the next day felt fine and better every day since.

My friends have helped a ton. Going out, being around people who care almost every night after is more healthy than staying home being sad.

And while I still have hope one day we might try again.. I try not to think about him much, and I'm trying to move on. Maybe crappy advice, but the best I got.

• haha " find another person it's easy to say "...
    In my situation nothing can save me. I'm hopeless romantic that truly loves only once... being away from person you love is extremely hard but rock music helps for sure, maybe nice drink even if you're not drinker... and be extremely busy

• I cried, spent as much time as possible with my family and friends, kept myself busy and distract and just dealt with the wave of emotions as they came.

• Cried, drank, hung out with friends

• If I'm being honest I got with other people and found someone else pretty quickly

• keep busy, work on my flaws and keep hitting on other dudes.

• Neither. :V
    I just shrugged it off told myself I deserved better. Held my head up and smiled to my friend. Occasionally would discuss what went wrong but remained positive that I wouldn't find myself in a situation like that again.

• Self destruction

• I went on with my life. It felt odd and it was awkward when I saw him around.

• I can't pick someone to move on from someone else. It's like using that person

• I didn't.

• Crying, go to the gym and go out with my friends. Excercise helps a lot!

• I did a little bit of both

• Well, I usually watch a lot of TV series and spend time with friends. I don't like crying when I have a break up, but sometimes it's the only way to get over

• Cried, kept myself busy, proved I was ok on my own then eventually found someone else