I Feel Stupid for Believing Him?

My husband was emotionally, physically, and verbally abused by my husband. I saw the signs well before we married. But I stayed. He beat me when I was a few weeks pregnant. He called me SOBs, ugly, fat, stupid, etc. during arguments. He compared me to other women. He would talk about how beautiful other women were, but he wouldn't compliment me. He claimed that buying me things and taking care of his family showed that he cared. He tried to control everything from the way I dressed, to the places I would shop. I caught him browsing on Craigslist and he lied about asking for sex, but a year later I found the ads and the pictures. He made an excuse that he was writing a blog and the ads were just robots or scams. He claimed that they gave him an inspiration to make his blog more interesting. I was stupid enough to believe him. He was super critical of me and always tried to talk down to me. He claimed that he was much wiser than me because he was 28 and I was 23. I just found that he was sleeping with a woman who is 25. He was even bold enough to bring her to our court hearing. How do I move past this? How could someone be so evil, and yet claim to to love me? He bought me nice things and struggled from job to job to take care of our daughter, but yet he was horrible to me. I keep second guessing myself at times, wondering if there is something that I did wrong. How do I move on? We were together 2 1/2 years.

12

What Guys Said 2

• I'm so sorry you were put through this. But if you've come to realize that the pain is not worth it you have to move on. You have to also know that such behavior of a man to a woman generally comes through his insecurities over you. He feels that you're better than him and smarter but somehow you are under his thumb. This is a power trip. Doesn't mean you've failed. This realization plus a purpose in life will help you move on. Message me if you wanna discuss about this more.

• But if he treated you so bad, i think it is easy to move on or not?

What Girls Said 1

• I stopped at 'my husband was (types of abuse) abused by my husband' 😅