My friends aren't enough?

I had my first "relationship" end a while ago. The guy wasn't as interested in me as I was in him, and we never even held hands or anything. We went on a couple of dates, and he was really nice and attentive, but would be "too busy" to text me or pop by dorm and see me for days. We literally live in adjacent dorms. It only lasted three weeks. Almost being done with college, I'm having a huge self esteem crisis. It feels like something is wrong with me for never having a boyfriend, even though my friends keep telling me I can do better than him. I've tried to get super invested in my friendships, but they're not enough. I feel like I can't get the same kind of emotional intimacy I could get from a boyfriend. Has anyone ever felt like this? I don't want to be in a relationship to feel complete, but I feel like that's the only thing that could help me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually I was in a similar situation when I was finishing up college. I did have a few girlfriends in college, but I felt bad I was leaving without a "relationship". I concentrated on getting my career going when I moved back to my hometown. I met a nice gal and we dated for over a year. Even though it ended, she did mean a lot to me and I was glad to have dated her. Well you are going to be a new grad and you have a lot of time ahead of you. Keep an open mind and an eye out and you'll find someone. Dating has its pitfalls but don't let it discourage you. I had my share in my 20's but that's life sometimes.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• I suggest taking time for yourself. Be selfish let your freinds be and just do things you enjoy for a bit. Improve yourself somehow do a hobby you enjoy. There is nothing wrong with being single. get a comfy pillow to hug or a big stuffed animal. Trying to fufill that hole with freinds won't work because the relationships are different like you found out.

What Girls Said 0