My ex and I are still having sex and it's confusing?

Two weeks ago my ex who I'm madly in love with and feel is my soulmate broke up with me. I can't sleep or eat or do anything except cry & think about him. I feel like I've lost a part of me because I truly believed that we were going to spend the rest of our lives together. I thought we were going to grow together, and work on ourselves & our relationship no matter what. I was going through a lot in the last couple of months because I lost my job. I pushed him away emotionally because I felt that telling him my problems was making things worse. He was was my first relationship so I was still growing on that. Lately he's been going through his own personal problems as his parents are divorcing and his dad is leaving the family behind. I told him I understood what he's going through since my parents have been divorced for years.
When we spoke in person he first said that he just wanted space because he wasn't doing okay emotionally. But then he changed his reason saying that the dynamic of our relationship changed and that it's not what he wanted in a relationship. He said that he just wants to be friends but we've still been having sex and he's still been grabbing my ass and what not. We are both very much still attracted to each other but he treats me differently sometimes; sometimes he treats me like nothing ever happened and other times he pushes me away. I wrote him a letter about how I really felt and about how I want to grow on myself but also with him and he said he just wants to go back to the times before we defined our relationship when we were just friends who flirted and fooled around with such great chemistry. And the funniest fucking thing about this whole thing is that I had gotten a job recently and I managed to get him an interview with this new company, and now he's gonna be my boss. Could going back to before we defined our relationship lead anywhere or is this just a dead end especially since he's going to be my boss now?

22
Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• If you do get back together it will never be the same, there is always gonna be that patch and personally i think he is just using you (forgive this part) because he obviously knows you'll sleep with him, he gets off without having any need for committing to a relationship with you.

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

What Girls Said 2

• I went through a similar situation with my first love. Turns out he was using my feelings for him for convenient sex until he found a new girl. So be careful. He can break your heart more than once.

• I honestly don't think you should be sleeping with him anymore find someone else if you need to have sex, your feelings for him are just going to get in the way and you will end up hurt if he doesn't ( Which by what you have said sounds like he doesn't) want to get back into a relationship with you. It would be best to move on and deal with the pain now then constantly be confused about what is going on between the two of you.