Can you handle goodbyes?

I can't I just feel empty inside for a long time. It doesn't even matter how long I knew them.
Can you handle goodbyes?

Most Helpful Guy

• People tend to think I'm cold and uncaring because I have no problem cutting people out of my life who end up being toxic to have in my life (ie. family member, ex-girlfriends, girlfriends, friends... Etc). Though to be honest I don't think it's ever easy to lose someone close and that you care about. It sucks and I hate doing it but sometimes you have to and other times life takes you in different directions.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not all, especially if I know the person is really going (as in death), I stumble to find the words to say.

What Guys Said 36

• It was going to happen either way sooner or later anyway. People come and go all the time, nothing new any more, as I learned that I'm just gonna have to get use to it. People can abandon you, walk out on you, never talk to you again, or bad and tragic shit can also happen and they're just gone from your life; gone from your life forever.

• Pretty much, yes. The longer you live the more goodbyes you will have to say and sometimes you won't even get the chance. It's important to remember that life renews and refreshes all the time. People come, people go, new people come. It's a journey that you learn from.

• I know it's just so hard especially the goodbyes you never got

• Yes, it is. It all comes down to closure. It's the same as ending relationships. Sometimes the other person gives you the right amount of closure, other times you need to find your own closure. The second part of that is particularly true when peope die. You need to make peace with it and most people find a way to do that. Life goes on, with or without you. You can either have it drag you along or you can lead the way.

• Very true I need to learn that

• When you say goodbye to a relative or a friend, it does hurt bad. For whatever the reason, it can take a long time to get over. You do feel empty. Cold, and a bit sick sometimes.

All you can do is take it day by day and maybe find a new friend. It will get better, eventually. Promise.

• Yes I can..
    Although if it is a love relationship, I feel guilty if the girl feels sad and that messes me up a bit...

• It depends on the person, but for the most part, yes, I can handle them pretty well.

• never felt it... no goodbye ever... still won't think I can handle it... cause even if we were just friends I won't like her to say goodbye and leave me... and I don't forgive so the answer to the next part is never...

• Goodbyes have always been difficult for me. Can I handle them? Well, yea. Thing is the act of participating in a goodbye makes me want to fight for the person, even if I know I really shouldn't.

• I'll keep them short

• The hardest goodbye I had was when leaving my friends and family then flying to live and work on my own in a different country. That was pretty hard xD

• never bye, it's, I'll see you later

• Now I know 😂

• I don't like them but I can deal with them.

• Yeah, but i don't like them, i had to say good bye to that pretty french girl in my french school, she went back to France :(

• yeah, people are shit anyway

• It can be difficult at that moment but with passage of time it fades away. Also when you get older you gain more emotional maturity

• i'm still in contact even with people i knew as a kid, so i never found myself in a "goodbye" situation, and i don't want to try that. seems painful XD

• yeah I can..

• Yes I can, but if the person is close it's gonna be hard to let go

• I just wait when to say it. I can't stand a person for more than an hour, even if she is my boyfriend

• Goodbye @catelyntje it's hard but I have 😢

• no I can't handle goodbyes They are the hardest thing to do

• I never had a problem with goodbyes but i have a problem with hellos😂😂

• i hate , but yes i can

• Hmm sometimes depends upon the person

• I do handle good bye from friends who move faraway bad

• ever since my dog died it felt like i was dreaming

• Yeah, goodbyes can be hard.

• goodbyes were hard for a while, but after a while everything stopped hurting.

• goodbye can be handled... by driving ur self to sleep and waking up not knwing ur self lol

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 6

• It really depends on the person, and what the relationship was.

• i can.

• I hate them.

• Yeah, dont have a problem with that. Im very optimistic and I know it wouldn't be for a long period of time.

• I'm terrible at goodbyes

• I have to handle even it's hard