Am I doing something morally wrong here?

My ex and I broke up last week but we are still romantic. He is very protective (a bit unhealthily jealous) of me hooking up with other people. In the last week I've had sex with my co-worker twice after lots of build up and my ex doesn't know. I know if he found out I slept with this guy in particular, or any guy, he'd be furious, but we broke up and he says he can't have sex with me anymore because he's randomly "saving sex til marriage" so I feel I have the right to hook up with people. He also treated me very poorly, wasn't there for me, and has made me really question his intentions/feelings for months so I feel like I'm no longer obligated to prioritize him since we are not even officially dating. He has put me in TONS of pain and I got to the point where I wanted the healthy attention of a guy who actually shows me he desires me.

Should I feel bad? Part of me feels like it's no big deal I slept with my friend because I'm not anyone's girlfriend and my ex has been treating me poorly and not having sex with me. The other part feels guilty because my ex will text me and be over-controlling/jealous (even though he has no right cause im not his GF) and I know we both still really love each other. What should I do here?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• in would find a way to ditch the ex or he will find a way to control you while he has sex with multiple women while you have no one. its a ploy a lot of arrogant guys use. who think they are better.

• just forget about the sex part with your co worker and relax... having sex is just a natural. it's not a big deal

• What do you think. Morality is subjective and it is up to you to interpret.

• don't feel bad at the end of the day he dumped u so get back out there

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!