From relationship to friends for now, he's depressed. Help?

My boyfriend that I'd been seeing for 3 years started seeing a therapist because of depression. He has a lot going on and has asked to be just friends for the moment. What does that mean? He says it's not rejection but it feels like it, I want to be there for him through it.

22
Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• That is strange I couldn't imagine going through my hard times without someone. remember you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped

• hard to say from your info lol, ut ask his friends?

What Girls Said 2

• Please do. This happened to my ex boyfriend, we are still friends... but please take care of yourself. Don't drown into the depression with him, just be a shoulder to cry on when he needs it

• How are you handling it, it's killing me just being demoted to a friend, we were together from 15-19yrs of age before this. How much space and time do I give him? We're both 25 now.

• help him but don't fall in the process. it's easy to fall into depression. be there but don't over do it. good luck.