How to deal with a suicidal girlfriend after breakup because she cheated on me?

Hi there everyone I am in a very delicate situation I found out my girlfriend of 7 months was cheating on me and had unprotected sex with some guy. The cheating was so bad to the extent that I read on her whatsapp their sexting, flirts and plans and post sex texts etc.

I confronted her about it and she started crying hysterically saying it was a mistake, she loves me so much, I'm the only one that gave her the feeling of true love etc etc. I wasn't buying any of that and she spent an hour or so explaining why she did it and she tied it to her depression and trying to fill empty voids and a whole bunch of messed up shit. She wanted to jump off my balcony but I calmed her down and got her home.

As far as I'm concerned I will not persue a relationship with someone who has cheated. But how do I handle the situation so that she doesn't go haywire and do something stupid.

would appreciate any advice.

35

Most Helpful Girl

• let her jump, she wouldn't jump i bet. she threatened you. she did unprotected sex and continued with sexting and it was a mistake? explained for hours? naah man nah.. i don't believe her, me, personally. but it's up to you. you know her better

Most Helpful Guy

• She's being over emotional to make you feel bad. She's not suicidal. Fuck her. Forget about her for cheating. No excuse for that.

What Girls Said 2

• Call the police and tell them her threats. Try to get physical evidence of her being suicidal, and explain why

• Bipolar maybe. Get her help. Tell her parents, po po.

What Guys Said 4

• You can't be responsible for someone else's actions. You can't allow someone to control your life by threatening suicide or other drastic acts. You can't fix her, she has to do that. If she's depressed she needs medical or psychiatric help.

• Call the cops in her area tell them the story they'll keep an eye on her and cover your ass from any her loved ones blaming you in the event she does hurt herself

• 3 way

• Give her a rusty knife and tell her to teach it how to swim down the stream