Why are some guys such dicks after a break up?

we were together for two years, basically what happened is I let him treat me like shit for 6 months, and one day I finally had enough and out my foot down, and he broke up with me because I told him he needed to cut the treating me like shit or we weren't going to work🙃

Its been a month and a couple weeks since we broke up and I've asked him for my things back from his house, and everytime I ask he's like "it's not a priority of mine" or "you'll get it when you get it" and all kinds of crap like that. I waited a month to ask for my stuff back, and now it's been two weeks of me trying to get my shit back and I'm about ready to March into his damn house take my shit and leave. he's not a busy person he literally does nothing so he has time to get it back to me, he doesn't even have to see me to give it back to me he just has to leave on my car or my doorstep or something lol He knows I don't want him back, and he already has someone else that he's talking to which I'm glad about, he can be her problem now lol and he keeps telling me "I'm moving on and I suggest you do too" whenever I ask for my stuff back, which I'm damn well working on moving on but I would like my shit back🙃

Why is he being such a tw*t about simply returning my things?
I returned all his things a week after we broke up, I work 5 days a week 10 hours a day and still managed to get his shit back to him so I don't get it lol

39

Most Helpful Guy

• Cause women stab us in the hearts and we bleed everywhere we go. Then all you can remember is either the good times she threw away (likely never thinks about either), or the emptiness she left your heart with. You're just trying to stuff it back together like some morbid Wizard Of Scarecrow whose falling apart, & meanwhile they're engaging in a happy existence, made happier without you. That really eats away at a man inside. I can't say it excuses being abusive, or a dick, or a stalker but I have made bitter mistakes against women who tossed me aside before. Him holding your shit can serve the purpose of being mementos of your relationship with the added perk of hurting you back, albeit in a lesser but still problematic way. He'll probably relent once he cools off and give you your stuff back but as long as you act pissed about this & coming to him its just validating to him that he's still effecting your life and emotions, & still communicating with you. You just gotta practically pretend you don't even give a shit & not contact him with any regularity about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Darling my ex owes me thousands upon thousands of dollars that I lent him to go back to his dads funeral.

Like you I HAD to break it off as it was the most evil relationship and I was broken.

He said he'd pay me back, he's made no attempt to do so prob because I broke it off. And I don't feel strong enough to contact him to ask for it back as he will 'think in his own self centeted deluded mind' that I'm contacting him to get back together. I shouldn't have to contact him to get back money I lent to him so he could go to his dads funeral.

It's just wrong. After giving him 4 years of my life plus many other special things that I did out of the kindness of my heart he chooses to do this.

When he could just email and say what's your bank dets like you he doesn't have to see me nor do I want to see him.

It would be the right thing to do.

I've given up on getting it back. It shows the person he is and I'm glad to be rid of him.

What Guys Said 8

• Just tell him to stop using your possessions as collateral and to act like a fucking grown up. You should really just go over there and get your stuff yourself. Agree a day and time with him and then get it done, take the decision out of his hands. Ask him to box up your stuff and have it ready for you. He can put it on the drive so you don't even have to see him or talk to him. He can do that much and if he refuses then it's obvious that he's just being a twat.

• lol ever heard about keeping goods as securities.. lol you shouldn't have given back his stuff so soon , in your anger... 😂 , and he isn't acting weird... it is normal and I am sure you would have done the same thing to him , correct me if I am wrong...😒

• I will correct you because you are wrong. He doesn't deserve any securities from me after all the shit he pulled. I waited a week to return his things, that's not soon at all. And I wasn't angry when I returned them, I simply left them at his work for him to pick up like he asked me to do. And if it was the other way around, if I had broken up with him, I still would have returned all his stuff as soon as I had the chance, there's no point in holding on to it, it's not mine.

• lol before you further mistook me. let me clear it.. I mean you could have kept the goods until you both agreed to change it at some place... then such a prob will not have happened😩

• weak people can sometimes only feel powerful by hurting others. misery loves company this is his small way of trying to continue hurting you. I hope he doesn't have anything irreplaceable. you should have done an exchange but oh well it's to late to hold his stuff for ransom.

• I'm not I try to be friends but it's the other way around for girls every guy is different

• See he tried to ask me to be his friend, but I don't want too be his friend, I just want my stuff back and then I'll be gone forever lol it's annoying, if I don't have it in a week I'm calling his mom to go get it for me, it's ridiculous

• Oh that is definitely wrong I would give your stuff back that is bs

• Some people were telling me "oh maybe he's keeping it so you keep talking to him" but he has another girl that he's talking to already, and he seems happy with her, and I'm not interfering with them being together at all haha I just want my shit, so I don't get it hahah

• maybe he accidentally tried to wash them and bleached them so he's getting u new ones UwU

• Probably because he doesn't want to do things on your schedule and chances are your stuff is in the trash. Most of my exes are not my friends

• cuz dicks are the one thing that suffers after break up

What Girls Said 2

• you insult him so now he get even. probably tell everyone your fault break up

• That happened to my friend. She showed up at his house with the cops and her ex had to give her stuff back then.

• If he doesn't return it by the end of the week I'm calling his mom to get it for me lol she loves me still. And he won't give it to her then yea I'll have to go to the police cause this is crap hahah