Why do girls beat up the "other woman" when their man cheats?

Your boyfriend/husband was the one who betrayed, disrespected, and shitted all over you and your relationship/marriage. Why not beat him up?

151

Most Helpful Girl

• That wasn't my approach. I put the blame entirely on him and left his ass. While I have zero respect for the girls he cheated on me with, I would never physically harm them. I wouldn't physically harm my ex either. Thankfully I was gifted with a great vocabulary and a natural talent for psychoanalyzing people which makes my verbal attacks much more damaging than my physical attacks since I'm able to find other people deepest insecurities and get in their heads. heheh

Most Helpful Guy

• I've seen guys do that too. I think they just don't want to believe that it was their partners fault. They probably think "oh he would never do that to me, so you must have convinced him. Blah blah"

What Girls Said 14

• ... because the man who cheated on us, though his actions were inexcusable, is also the one who we were (and probably still are) so emotionally invested in. Hence why not only women but also men who are cheated on usually channel most of their anger/frustration against the person who their s/o cheated with, versus at the actual cheater.
    (Doesn't make much sense when you look at it without your sense of reason being clouded by emotions but.. there's a reason why managing to do something as seemingly simple as being in a lt, exclusive relationship has been such a struggle for mankind for millennia!)

• I never understood that either. If the other women knee about the girlfriend and still kept seeing the boyfriend, then the girlfriend has right to be mad at the other woman. But if she had no idea he already had a girlfriend (he told her he was single or something) then there is no reason to be bad at her. You were both played in that case.

• I don't know why anybody beats anybody up, but yeah I think some people do misplace their anger. Stuff like "they stole my partner" or "they cheated because they weren't getting satisfied at home" is just a bunch of crap that tries to redirect the blame from the person who's fault it actually is: the cheater. There can be a number of reason why the cheater let themselves cheat. They are selfish and don't care about anyone at all. They didn't communicate their needs to their partner so the issues could be worked on. Or they didn't leave a shitty situation when they should have and just cheated instead. It's a number of different choices they could have made before they decided to cheat.

• I think they do that because they don't want to accept that their partner wasn't loyal. They want to believe it was the other woman's fault and not their significant other's fault.

• Often girls just want to blame the other person because its easier to blame the other person than to realize your partner is a twat because you love them.

• It's probably easier to blame it all on her and attack her. Besides, I guess if she knew she was with a dude who had a girlfriend, that made her just as bad as him.

• Because that's the way humans work l, blame everything on females, even other females do it, its a concept I don't get. But I guess its also because of the jealousy that they feel at the thought of their man with someone else and obviously they'll feel more anger towards a stranger than the man they love

• yeah i do not get it. if your partner cheats HE / SHE betrayed you and the relationship there is no reason t go sniffing around anyone you think they were with. its a way of feeling like you are confronting the situation without actually dealing with it or risking the loss of it. if you can not take it seriously and kick them out, then bothering about anyone else is just being a coward.

• to make her feel stupid...
    its female logic

• But why do you want to make her feel stupid? Why not him?

• she either knew about me, and didn't care. or she didn't know at all.
      he will feel stupid cuz he got caught. and if the cheatee is smart, she'll leave him and he'll feel more stupid

• Yeah I don't get that either. I tried to tell some of my female friends this very statement and it was nothing but a fight. Bless their hearts. They're still with the cheating assholes.

• It depends of she knows or not. If she really doesn't know, there's no fault on her.
    If she knew, both should get beat.
    Or, you know. Leave them both together because they're both cheating assholes and they deserve each other.

• So you expect women to hit their cheating partner?

Cool, we women are allowed to hit men but men are not allowed to hit us. You are good little submissive boy. I love western submissive boys like you. You'll do anything for me little b1tchboy

• They beat him up too, but they beat up the "other woman" because she should know better, and she deserves to feel the same way he person that was cheated on does.

• Because women should support women. If the other woman knew that he had a girlfriend or whatsoever, she should not do anything with him.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!