How long do you think a guy should wait until he asks a recently divorced woman out?

Hi all,
Thanks for your opinions in advance.

Context + question:

I've been interested in this woman for almost a year now, but, because she was married up until recently (I think), I kept it to myself of course.

Even though she hasn't commented anything officially so far, what grabbed my attention was that she is no longer wearing her wedding ring, out of the blue. At least for a good couple of weeks.

(I don't think a woman would take it out and keep it like that for a few weeks unless she was divorcing, right?)

I feel very compelled to ask her out, as I think she's been the only one who's really grabbed my attention ever since my own divorce.

How long do you think I should wait? If at all? --- don't want to end up as the "rebound buy".

Plot twist: she's my Spanish teacher (and no, this is not a teacher-student fantasy as I consider myself pretty mature [and an adult, 30+ for that matter] and able to separate things properly; plus, classes are tutored in a very informal manner, post working hours, to a relatively small crowd [like, 8 people, me included]).

TY so much for your valued opinions, as this is definitely uncharted territory for me.
Yours,
A.

03

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• 1. It is a bad idea to ask out someone you are paying, either as your employee or indirectly as your teacher. She has to be there and it puts her on the spot.

2. Aside from #1, wedding rings and marital status and personal happiness have little to do with each other. If you want to ask a girl out, don't worry about what is or is not on her fingers. I've gone out with a few married women before and it can be quite nice.

• Why wait? Is there something wrong with being there for the rebound?

• I'd go for it now.