Is this girl being unreasonable?

This is semi-related to my last question.. I'm sort of rephrasing it.. But I'm going to more specifically focus on the actions of the girl/exe in this whole situation. Basically, my friend is in a situation in which he's still close friends with his exe girlfriend and she's basically told him not to look at other girls in any sort of sexual way. Him having an extremely high sex drive makes this extremely difficult for him to do. He still really likes her, and he doesn't like her feeling jealous (which is why she doesn't want him looking at anyone else).. Or any sort of bad emotion.. Since they're still really close friends and any good friend doesn't want to see their friend upset... But! This girl is his exe.. So from how I understand things.. It's really not her place to be saying that he can't look at other girls. It's one thing if they were still dating.. But they're not.. (and for a good reason if you ask me..) but still! Isn't this girl being completely immature in that sense? How is she going to tell her exe to not look at anyone? It simply isn't her place to be doing that. What do you think though? Agree or disagree with me? Why?

• I completely agree with you 💯👌🏼
  • I mostly agree with you.
  • I sort of agree.
    Vote C
  • I sort of disagree.
    Vote D
  • I mostly disagree.
    Vote E
  • I completely disagree.
    Vote F
  • See results/Other/Comment
    Vote G
Please just answer the question people 😓 The question isn't what he should do about it... It's if this girl is being unreasonable in the sense that she doesn't want him looking at other girls when she's his exe. So is it fine for her to tell him not to look at other girls or isn't it? Is it not her shot to call? Or is it? That's what I need an answer to 👌🏼

79
Sponsored

What Guys Said 9

• to be totally honest, she wants him to act like a man. if he really wants her then he needs to tell her off. tell her that she can't control him and he can do whatever he wants. by showing he values himself to much to take this kind of abuse, his ex will fall for him hard. she's doing this to push his buttons because deep down she wants to be put in her place. sounds different but I've gone through things similar to this and it always worked. basically he needs to stop being her bitch and make her become his bitch.

• The girl is a moron who needs to reevaluate her life decisions. She's not dating him, therefore he's free to do whatever he wants.

• I agree. I wouldn't be friends with such a person. I'd be like oh you're jealous? But we broke up. You should move on like me. I know it's hard and it takes time bu- oh I'm still not allowed to look at other people... Alright, ehm Ebby want to go on a date? Byyyyyye ex

• I was careful, voting C.
    It's really important here to get an answer to the "why" question. Maybe she want the relationship to continue and wants him to overthink that.
    In that case it would be normal to suggest he doesn't go with other girls until he's made his decision.
    Hopefully, if that's her goal, she's at least sorry for the things that have happened... :o
    So delicate situation, but be careful not to think "black and white".

• I completely agree. Even if they were still together, it's not really her right to control what he looks at...

• First off, what's an exe? Lol

• I don't think anyone have any control over ex..

• She wants him but seems confused
    But if she isn't with him then she can't tell him what to do

• Yes. Once again, its his fault too for letting it happeb

• Yes, she's a cunt. she's being a controlling bitch and its wrong. he's allowing it so its his fault too. Theyre both in the wrong

What Girls Said 7

• "[S]he's basically told him not to look at other girls in any sort of sexual way."

Who is she to command a former lover such lofty task? To be honest, I think both of them didn't have a proper closure and that's what they have to settle within themselves.

She's being REALLY unreasonable. I completely agree with you.

• He needs to get a grip. And saying he has an unusually high sex drive... yeah a lot of people have that. It's not torture for him. You're making him sound like a rapist. If he doesn't want to do what she's making him do then he needs to get a grip and tell her. She's his ex 🙄

• They're still good friends though. Besides, the question is about if what SHE'S doing is unjust.

• It's only unjust if he allows her to make him behave a certain way. This isn't abuse. They're not in a relationship and he can easily get her out of his life.

• I agree with most of that I suppose. They're still good friends though. He doesn't kill friendships if he enjoys them. I mean, again, they're still just good friends. It's just that she asks him not to do that stuff. In my opinion, he can and totally should if he wants to but eh. I'm just trying to help out a good friend

• Agreed 100 especially since they are FINISHED.

She may have a little bit of jealousy in there but its not her place or decision to make.

• She's being ridiculous.

• Maybe he still love her and want to go back with her? In this case he should listen to her if not it's sure they will never go back together.
    To me it sound more like a "break" more than a break up.

• it's his life... she has no right over his personal decision

• She is being unreasonable yep