Dating Single Dads?

Does anyone else have a thing for single dads? Like my 1st and only boyfriend was a single dad and I loved being a part of his kids life.

68

Most Helpful Guy

• You are a rarity. I have been searching for 6 years. The only date I could get, she didn't know I had a kid. Told her and never heard from her again.

Not looking for a mom for my kid.
    I got that covered. Just be a friend. Really you get a guy with a bonus: a great friend and amazing person to know. In my case a kid that is amazing and who everyone loves.
    But that dosen't fit into the fairytale that most women imagined their entire lives. So they will miss out on extra love.
    For me tho I get to spend years alone. Yay for me. ☹️

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't just go out with someone just because they're a single dad (if I was single) I mean for me personally I had yet to feel the emotion towards someone who has a kid already and want to take care of them too.. I don't think I will (thankfully) if I end up with my current partner, I don't know why call me selfish I don't think i could love someone elses child as much as I would my own. But I have no experience either way.

• Im also young, so maybe for example if I was divorced separated etc and had a child and then i'd be obviously more open to someone in the same boat.

What Guys Said 7

• You are exceedingly rare , I knew , on taking main custody ( I'm a FT working single dad ) that would mean permanent single hood. Was even approached by a woman on a rare night out just before Christmas last year , her demeanor rapidly changed & she was swiftly gone , when I told her my situation. Luckily for me my libido & interest in women has greatly declined , which I consider a huge blessing !!

• women who date single dads are great but remember one thing when it comes down to it the man's child is the most important thing in his life you will always be second to him

• I am a single Dad no one dated me I'm to old and ugly now

• You got use to it and now you like it but try a single guy now kids but wants one and see if you like that to

• I am about to become a single dad and sure hope I am not condemned to a life of involuntary celibacy and loneliness while my ex is out getting whatever guy she wants.

• you get experience performance in bed and kids are complementary... so it's good date

• ur life ur opinion

What Girls Said 5

• I would date a single dad but the ones I dated were still banging their baby mom. If I could meet one who didn't have baby mom drama and wasn't still sleeping with her that would be nice. I'm a single mom and since most men that don't have kids don't really like to date single moms (unless it's for sex) a single dad would be nice.

• It's a fantasy if he is handsome for some but for the long term, it's a huge responsibility. I would have to be very mature to be able to be in that situation.

• I can see the appeal.

• yeah. I've recently dated a single guy. it didn't go the way i wanted but I love and I still have feelings for that guy and the kid, I guess both of them just didn't want me to get very involved in their lives,... long story

• I don't prefer it