Do you think we actually "get over" the people who hurt us or do we just move on?

I'm referring to people who hurt us, romantic relationships that didn't work out, things like that. Do you think we ever fully heal from experiences like that, or do we just move on?

Most Helpful Guy

• Romantically... move on. Other stuff, depending on what it is... possibly get over.
    Gotta hold on to it, how we kinda make better decisions about what we want and what we will put up with. Helps find the edges of our heart to seek a better fit for it.

Most Helpful Girl

• In all honestly, I think we move on. It will always be apart of our lives, but we can't just "get over" something like that. (Maybe some can) But I think most people don't just forget and get over it. It will always somehow be in our thoughts, and we can learn from it. So, we move on.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• In my experience, we (or maybe only me) just move on. I was cheated on by a guy I was madly in love with and I never stopped loving him. I just accepted how things were and eventually it started hurting less.

• We move on.

• We just move on, bc a feeling doesn't go away it just lessens as one becomes greater

• we just move on and hope that one day everything will be fine because believe me. it will be.