My ex stopped texting me. Why?

So my ex ended our relationship on good terms because he couldn't balance his life and it was long distance. He said he wanted to stay friends and he messaged me every now and then but that only lasted for two weeks and now he hasn't messaged me since. Why isn't he messaging me anymore?

49

What Guys Said 9

• Because he's moving on. You need to give him space just like he's giving you space.

take advantage of this time and look ahead.

• He's your ex

• what makes you think he should continue talking to you?

• EX <- Used to be yours, isn't anymore. He talking to other girls, for obvious reasons.

• ur ex ur ex u still love ur ex

• Being friend with your ex isn't easy for everyone especialy when you still have feelings this might be the reason

• maybe he's busy. or with someone else now

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc.

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such. an incompatible person will still be incompatible. An abuser only gets worse. Promises "to change" are always lies.

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them? I see people who whine about an ex spreading rumors or posting negative things on social media. Who cares? Their opinion should not matter at all. They are an EX... the past. No longer involved with you.

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

"But I still love hm/her" So? That doesn't mean THEY love you back. There was a reason the relationship ended.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more. Everyone goes through MANY breakups in their lives. This EX is just on in a long line of future exes. That is life.

Be well and be realistic.

• u need to fuck him.

What Girls Said 4

• Because he's moving on. He's now your friend not your boyfriend he doesn't have to text you every day.

• he is not interested anymore

• Mine stopped responding to my text and texted me 5 months later

• maybe he's just busy. dont take it the wrong way. aa friends if he doesn't text you, you text him first. its probably nothing he may just be busy.