I don't think I want to be friends with my ex anymore?

I was dating this girl a while ago and we were all good... ended on good terms and we kept in touch till now... but I'm getting pissed off by some things she does but I don't know if it's worth ending the friendship for

42

What Girls Said 4

• Coming from someone who was recently friends with an ex... if you feel you don't want to be friends then don't. You didn't give enough details so I don't know how similar or different our situations are/ were but during my time, I still had feelings and he cared but not enough to get back with me. I considered him a bestfriend but eventually I got tired of wasting my time and we argued so much it was clear it was time to let it go. I tried but he refused until something forced us to go our separate ways and now things ended on the worst terms.

• well.. at some point I started having feelings for her again but I moved to another country... she doesn't like when I talk about other girls but she wants me to give her advice about her guy problems 😐

• It's okay to not be friends with an ex, it's normal and what most people prefer. It can be really complicated when you've been involved romantically. Think on it and go with what your gut tells you.

• What are this stuff you are getting pissed of by?

• saying that she isn't okay with me telling her about girls in my life but then she expects me to be okay with the guys she keeps bringing up.

• don' be then

What Guys Said 2

• You cannot be friends, cause you don't wanna know about her dating life anymore (unless you've got no dignity). There's a reason she's an ex.

• No offense but I find it foolish to be friends with someone you were more with unless years have past and you two are as good as strangers.

To agree to be friends after a break up in my perspective is like saying, "There's nothing that I think was special about what we had so I don't mind being friends." Now if you are doing it because "What if we meet again in the future and fall for each other again?" Two things here.
    1) "What if" is key phrase. desperate much?
    2) Even those people who do get together again later spend years apart not talking to each other. I think average shortest time is a good decade or two.

So keep being friends if you agree to devalue what you had with your ex vice versa. Or be the respectable one, embrace the pain, let it help you mature, and look back at this moment with no regrets whatsoever. I guarantee you, you'll have a different better look at this situation when and if she comes knocking on your door.