So am I in the friend zone?

A few years ago I left my wife for this woman, we were sort of together but was more like friends with benefits as I needed time to read adjust, then when it came to me wanting to fully commit she gets with another dude, falls pregnant then a couple of months later start sleep together (yes whilst she was pregnant) they've now both split up and I got a text and was in contact but then it faded out and she ghosts me. Now just had a message to say do I wanna hang out with her this weekend.

What is it she wants?

151

What Girls Said 15

• So the original arrangement was friends with benefits, but you decided you wanted to commit to more? Did she ask for your commitment or something more from you? Because, unless she specifically expressed to you that she wanted to be in a more serious committed relationship with you, I don't see what the problem is. If you had a friends with benefit arrangement, then it seems that she's done nothing more than continue on living her life as usual. There is no contract that keeps a person bound to providing benefits in a friendship. The benefits can be stopped at any time by either party. There also isn't some binding contract for women to commit to the father of her child either, just like there is no contract for the baby's father to commit him to the child's mother. Any outside opinion on this becomes a moral judgement and often results in a double standard.
    The friends with benefits thing doesn't come without the consequence of one or both parties involved getting hurt on some level. Once the line is crossed, boundaries become hard to set.

• Yes she wanted more, as in commitment. That was whilst she was pregnant, she went to his as it was arranged anyway but to get all her belongings then she was supposed to come to me. Thus never happened something happened whilst she was there and everything changed

• You can set your own limits to that, though. You can be there on whatever limited basis you decide to be.

• She has to understand that, if she really is a friend

• Sounds like the typical man leaving his wife for a cheap fuck and getting what he deserves. This chick is obviously using you. Good luck. πŸ‘

• Owww wow so you know the relationship I had with my ex wife was perfect do you?
      Someone sounds bitter!

I'll take all I've been through now rather than staying with the ex wife

• Yeah karma is a bitch, but it's been no where near me. Like I said I'm happier now than when I was with the ex wife

• Well from this question doesn't seem like it. Karma is right behind you bro deny if you want I really don't give a shit. Obviously the girl you want doesn't want you that way so move on. ✌️

• You aren't shit all to this girl but entertainment and a fail safe dude.

• I dont know your xwife and i dont know you so I cannot judge you on your decisions for leaving your wife. But this other woman, sounds to me she is using you. If i were pregnant I would not sleep with another man who is not the father then run back to the father. It's unethical. As for the ghost, she obviously has better in her life. And think, she has children, are you ready to step up? And if doesn't work, the kids will be effected to. It's not just man woman, a child is involved. Be smart, best of luck

• Sounds like she doesn't know what she wants and you need to cut her out of your life. She sounds like a hot mess coated in more hot mess deep fried in an even hotter mess.

• Stay away. She's been unreliable in the past don't give her another opportunity to fuck you over. No offense OP but it sounds like you like the uncertainty that comes with this woman. I get that it's a turn on for some guys but you need to figure out what it is about this woman that you're so drawn to and if she's worth it. There are better women out there, and by better I mean more stable.

• If you want something more than just sex from her... that's never gonna happen.

• She did mention a few months ago she's not had sex in awhile, but when I offered she said it was in the past

• If you just want sex then go for it but I don't think she's into you that much.

• Sounds like she doesn't want to be tied down or doesn't know who or what she wants yet.

• If I were you I would avoid her, she's caused enough damage to your life already don't you think.

• She has enough on her plate. Be a friend a listen to her. She has a child to think about.

• I don't think she just wants to talk, we were never just friends

• Try then. Because if you keep having sex with her, it will only complicate things more for her. Also, you don't want to be caught in something that wasn't even your doing unless you have real feeling for her and ready to make any big commitments.

• I told her when she was pregnant I'd stand by her, she chose the father and try try it with him even thou she said she wanted me.
      From that reply it's like you think it's me messing her around?

• I probably wouldn't hang. I would let her come to you and if she doesn't then it's not worth it. If it wasn't meant to be it wasn't meant to be.

• You are a stunt double.
    Stunt Double: someone that is everything that you want, but you think you'll miss something; so your dumb ass passes up your chance.
    What you really will miss in the end is someone that would've gave you their everything.
    All I can say is, β€œLet it go, let it go, don't take that shit no more!”

• Stay away dude! she's your go to guy for whenever things dont fo her way with the guys she really wants. Not to be mean she is stringing you along.

• sex with friend of benefit

• Be glad you're not in the Twilight Zone.

What Guys Said 1

• She wants anything that will pay attention to her - it's called desperation. And you're falling for it. I would caution you to not - to either get back with your wife or just move on.
    You'll never mean jackshit to this woman.