Girls, What can I do to re establish contact with my ex?

I'm looking for positive answers only please, I've heard the advice of just moving on, but there's a lot of reasons I need to be in contact with her.

Our breakup happened over an argument through text, many things I said made things worse than what it would have been. I did apologize and decided it best that I give things space for both of us. It's been a bit over a month, I had decided that what I needed to do is try just getting in contact with her, not with the full intention of getting back together, but to visit, and just be comfortable talking to one another. So I sent her a brief text about something and also asked how she has been doing. That was 5 days ago, I got no response. Thing is, I really do need to talk to her, for one, to be able to move on, but there's also other reasons, along with that, I can't stand being on bad terms with her. I don't want to be concerned about the fight in the past.

all I'm needing to figure out is a way to get back to communicating with her, as far as anything ever going further, only time could tell.

4

What Girls Said 4

• listen, you can't force anything to happen either way. Live your life and see what happens

• You need to let her come to you because she is not over the fight in the first place.

• Wait first. ... she's probably still hurting. ... just give her time

• It's very possible, as she's got a very busy life, and a lot going on. The initial thing was she said she was feeling overwhelmed by everything. She has been having a lot of anxiety, I've always been amazed how she's been able to deal with everything. I did try giving her a phone call, first time since the breakup, no answer, I left no voicemail. But I also know she was most likely very busy with her kids extracurricular activities. One thing is, her birthday is coming up beginning of the month, I had bought her gifts before we broke up, and they are something that are made for her, I don't want to throw them out, so if I can't reach her I guess I mail them to her, though I don't want her to feel like she owes me.

• it won't work so just move on