Why do some married people think they are saving their marriage by allowing each other to sleep around?

If you think that allowing your partner to sleep around or bring in another person is a way of saving your marriage. you are preparing yourself for a divorce. If you truly love someone that thought won't even cross your mind. What has become of the human race. if you want to save your marriage fight for each other dont give up. The divorce rate is so high because people stop fighting they just give up. if Love is fucking around to keep things right. Then ill rather not have love.

People that think there is nothing wrong to allow your partner while in a relationship or marriage to have sex or share each other with someone else. Im sorry there must be huge fault. This is not normal it is sick.

117

What Guys Said 17

• Marriage is an institutional contract. Not in mens benefit that's just fact. If a partner m/f asks to sleep around then they probably already are/going to anyways. The trust is broken & there is no loyalty or love there. Close the book & move on. In response the reason some people think that allowing an open marriage is going to save their marriage is because they have obligations (children, home etc.) & fear of loss (financial, kids, home etc.) is why they don't just do the right thing & divorce which is kinder to themselves & kids (been there done that). These people want their cake & eat it too. I used to agree with your comment " divorce rate is so high because people stop fighting they just give up" but truth is marriage is now antiquated as technology & society has created a world where infidelity is easily achieved. Laws are imbalanced & people feel entitled with better (entitled) & don't value what they have. I'm MGTOW for a reason. Like it don't, don't care, just my two cents. But you're comment sounds like you have a head on your shoulders. Cheers.

• They're in denial and whoever suggests it doesn't care enough about the relationship to care how the other feels. Honestly its something like being extremely selfish and for the few that give in to the request we can only pray for their souls, at least when its more often than not only one person who gets the good end of the deal. If its both then its a bit more equal but that's a different story.
    Anyway you know what they say, you can't have your cake and eat it too. That's like wanting an emotional slave not a lover.

• Sick weak perverts. They obviously don't believe in the holy sanctity of a marriage so why bother in the first place? There's nothing lower than a hypocrite in this life. The length of their commitment is just in their words not in their actions. When the judgement comes there's not going to be many people surviving it

• great answer not a lot of men with your smart mindset.

• Thanks I'm a bit of a believer and it annoys me how many people just ignore decency and morality for animal lusts and desires. Any woman who's with me no man will ever touch or his lifes on the line and I won't go near another woman or even look at one if I'm with a woman. It's restraint that makes a person strong. Even animals don't give into every desire. It's called a straight and narrow path for a reason coz it's hard to walk on but at the end lies salvation. The strongest and most liked people I've ever known ferverently stuck to the rules. They would never commit adultery they'd rather be dead because they're wise enough to know it does more damage to themselves than the partner who was cheated on

• It is shallow, selfish and all can only lose. I suppose some people are desperate in a boring situation. It is better to take 6 months or a year apart than to desecrate a potential good relationship by degrading it.
    Sometimes after a separation people can actually see the person they originally met all over again. But it is a risky strategy, but not as risky as an open marriage. There are many examples where this fails. Few succeed.

• thats what i call a mature man. your wife or to be wife is a very lucky lady. Men like you are hard to find.

• I am not so sure about that, but being betrayed after 33 years marriage is pretty hard to take and very difficult to trust again. Alone is probably better.

• Because it's easier to give someone else the blame than actually put in the effort to make something work

• well said.. agreed.. but marriages dnt work coz of diff expectations bet partners.. after sometime it breaks..

• yes its true. but people are to lazy to work so they take the easy way. No wonder people get so damage

• May be me too.. is all fine with u?

• yes i was married and with my x for 12 years. And for me to step out and see how you can ask do be a friend with benefits so you get sex but the Kind with no feelings. lol how the fuck do u bang someone without feelings it is like a joke. im sorry but i dont stand for that bullshit. to me its only a nicer word to use to ask someone i just want a fuck. A Girl should not fall for that bullshit. I never wanna be a Girl just good enough to be laid.

• Good question, how is that saving one marriage. Isn't it a adultery?

• it's a disgusting thing. people that open the marriage up usually have so many problems, but don't want to break apart so it's a way to stay together without divorce. usually a terrible thing. if that sort of thing happened with my wife and I, I'd just break it off, set her free as it were. I'd rather do that than force her to be in a marriage she doesn't want to be in.

• If both parties consent to it what's the issue?

• People feel better when they lie to themselves?

• It's sick to you, not them. That's like saying someone is sick if they like onions, but you don't.

• You mean it's not going to save my marriage?

• That's your opinion, MOST people are more accepting our desire multiple partners.
    Remember, it's just sex. Sex with love feels better, but sex without love still feels damn good.
    So get off your high horse, judging people for being into something you are not, and let others do what they want.

• They are doing that to avoid being alone.
    They have this notion that if they didn't give their partner what he/she wants, the other one would leave them. And they are afraid to be alone.

• marriage is Holly and must shared eachother

• i agree to what you said ☺️💕

• People had more ego today.. Their done is more correct.. people nowdays were not clam & they are aggressive...

What Girls Said 1

• Ya f*ck that, if my husband wanted to go sleep with other people, he's more than welcome but he certainly won't have a wife to come home to anymore if he does. It doesn't save a marriage, it pretty much destroys and crushes it.