Is there such thing as 'karma' in relationships?

Is there karma or is it because of your poor choices?

518

What Guys Said 18

• I don't think there's "karma" in anything much in a relationship. It's something that's believed if you're into Hinduism or Buddhism having to do with cause and effect and reincarnation, etc. There is absolutely no facts to support that. It's some form of beliefs that started before Christ or over 2,000 years ago and grew and then faded away and grew again and was later influenced by a few non Christian religions and then more weird beliefs. I just don't base my life on any of that stuff. It's about like believing in your daily horoscope which first always says is only a form of entertainment yet some people base everything that happens in their lives on the placement of stars that are trillions and trillions of miles from here and apart from each other just as far even thought they look like they're in certain patterns. Some are much further than others and much brighter than others yet they look like they're the same distances apart. So back to your question then I say there isn't any Karma in relationships. I will say that what we sow we will reap but that the reaping could come many years later and in different ways because there is a balance in the universe. God made it that way. Like if you do good you'll get good things back someday and if you do bad you'll have to handle that too someday.

• DYes, one always gets what one deserves. I've found out the hard way!!

• No not really good things can happen to bad people. However if you treat people poorly people will treat you bad on return.

• Absolutely and I have seen it in action.
    ~JSmith

• I believe Karma happens to those who do us wrong in relationships.

• there's two types.
    The one people usually know about and sexual karma, see karma is just actions and consequences so its simple.
    However many ancient traditions in the east believe the karma of other people are shared or taken on when u sleep with them, just like couples pick up similar habits and other things.

• both.

• yes there is

• 100%. It takes time, but it comes.

• According to the theory of Karma, what happens to a person, happens because they caused it with their actions. So if you have done something wrong in your relationship, the same will be done with you.

• what is karma m confused.
    coz when I was a kid I used to watch a kid comical fiction serial namely karma

• Karma doesn't exist. That's just a form of wishful thinking. It's poor choices.

• Poor choices, or dumb luck.

• Of course life has it every where

• it definitely happens, may take a year but it happens

• What do you mean in relationships?

• yes Karma is everywhere. Your bad actions and insensitivity can cause suffering.

• Karma as in Hindu teaching? nope.

What Girls Said 5

• Karma is like a cycle of cause and effect. It's meant to be the result of a person's actions as well as the actions themselves. Our actions lead to future consequences. So what happens to a person, happens because they caused it with their own actions.

I believe people are responsible for their own mistakes and wrong choices, but I don't believe people are punished with karma for their own wrongdoing . That would mean an outside source is and controlling them and causing bad things to happen in their life.

Everyone has bad things happen to them. Either due to their own wrong choices /decisions , unforseen circumstances or caused intentionally by other people.

Everyone gets hurt by someone during their lifetime. It's inevitable. In the end, It's up to us as individuals how we allow the hurt to define us.

• It's what you need to learn about yourself

• Relationships themselves, are a poor choice.

• id like to believe that i am making poor choices with my boyfriends.

• Not really, no. I mean whatever a person has done or hasn't done doesn't make anyone else behave a certain way. Like for example if someone cheated in a past relationship and they get with someone that cheats it's not 'karma' it's what the other person chose to do and has nothing to do with you. Kind of hard to explain but hopefully you get the idea! lol

• If you need karma in a relationship, I don't think that's a healthy one.