Why is my ex like this?

It was our two year anniversary couple of days ago but we split up on feb, this year. She called me at 7:46 am that day but i was sleeping so i didn't hear it but i did reply to her text, the whole day she ignored me and didn't tell why she called. At 11:45pm she called me and said 'hey its the 11th...' and then 1 min later she just said igtg bye. Like why does she mess with my brain? Because one month ago she confessed she still loved me and i confessed that i still loved her but she told me she would not leave her current boyfriend because she can't hurt him, which i understood. But why is she doing this like pulling all my strings to make sure whether i still like her or not?
P. s i have moved on but it just bothers me

• She wants you back
  • she's just trying to string you along
  • Other reasons (please comment)
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

14

What Girls Said 1

• I think she still likes you and wants you to know she remembered your past anniversary. Trust me on this - even if she is with another guy she doesn't like him much if she is still texting you. Keep that in mind - for what it's worth.

What Guys Said 4

• Perhaps she just doesn't want to lose the connection that the two of you had. Fine, it didn't work out, but that connection meant a lot to her. Even if she finds another love, one that does work out.

She may not be intending to "pull your strings", even though that's the result.

• girls like security but don't like confrontation so in my experience, they keep a few guys on the hook waiting in case number 1 mess up and you should understand why they find the next players so seemingly effortless and quickly

• literally just got the perspective of that guy who didn't know my ex as of now was already searching for the next sucker

• she is with her boyfriend move on

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc.

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such. an incompatible person will still be incompatible. An abuser only gets worse. Promises "to change" are always lies.

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them? I see people who whine about an ex spreading rumors or posting negative things on social media. Who cares? Their opinion should not matter at all. They are an EX... the past. No longer involved with you.

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

"But I still love hm/her" So? That doesn't mean THEY love you back. There was a reason the relationship ended.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more. Everyone goes through MANY breakups in their lives. This EX is just on in a long line of future exes. That is life.

Be well and be realistic.