I don't know if I should say anything or not?

My ex and I dated for almost 11 months. During that time we were very close and did some stuff. We never went all the way, but we did do stuff that was a first for both of us. We have been broken up for over 3 months now but it didn't end badly, she said she loved me as we broke up, and I did too, but we decided it would be best if we split because she said she just wasn't happy. So I of course want her to be happy, so I let her go. We haven't really talked, other then a few days since and we have said happy birthday to eachother on our birthdays, so we haven't been completely 100% no contact. But question is, recently and a bit over the time since we have been apart I've been thinking about the stuff we did and been feeling kinda bad. I don't know, guess I feel guilty taking her first time away with the stuff we did. I've never been like other guys that brag and talk a bunch about all the do. So i guess I'm wondering if it would be stupid to say sorry? Sorry for taking that first experience away from her and all? I haven't thought about wording or anything of how I would say it, but I'm just wondering if I should or not. I know it's not something that guys do a lot, but I just feel like I should. I don't know if it's a good idea, a bad idea. I don't wanna make her feel bad or make her sorry or anything, and I definitely don't wanna make something worse, like I hope to be her friend still even though that may take a bit, I'm just wondering if it would be alright. We are both strong Christians and at the time it seemed like the right thing, but I just feel the need to say sorry. What do you think? Just want to hear some opinions. Thanks.

03

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Not necessary. Whatever those first times you're talking about I'm sure were genuine at that moment and time, and were special moments for both of you. There's no need to apologize for that just because you two didn't work out.

• Don't. You'll degrade the good positive emotions and experiences with a pre-conditioned, unnatural biased sense of guilt instead of enjoying and embracing the experience. Saying "sorry" after the event would suggest to her that she only caused you sorrow, regardless of what words you use or how you try to explain it. Serious, be true to yourself and to her memory of you and admit politely but not profusely that you enjoyed it, and that positive things are cool when they happen. Don't ever expect anything, ever, because after all it's no big thing. That right there will go a long way towards proving to her in your deed's that you're the gentleman she was hoping for and that it sounds like you're trying to be!

• jst say sry n walk away... if she is not happy u can't keep her...