When do you know whether breaking up was the right decision?

I broke up with my boyfriend of six months 3 weeks ago. Since them I have periods where I'm fine and periods where I can't stop crying. How do you know whether you made the right decision in breaking up?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I broke up with my boyfriend purely because it was a boredom and spur of the moment thing, after I had done it, I cried non stop for at least 2 weeks, I couldn't believe I had made the mistake. After this he didn't want me back and I had to deal with it. Its normal to cry and feel regret, it just needs a little bit of time, and everything will sort its self as time goes on. And if you decide you want to give it another go with him, then talk to him, you will only ever regret the things you didn't do! Good luck!

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!

What Girls Said 3

• we can't tell you a straight answer since you didn't give enough details...there could be a number a reasons for a break up to be the right decision...

• The right desicion is always the hardest to make. Just stick to your guns. Ur just lonely and were probably comfortable with the situation but not enough to stay. Remeber he's an ex for a reason don't go back you will regret it. It gets easieer just don't dwell. Keep busy and its OK to cry but remember to remind yourself y you broke it of.

• you don't know. time will tell. but if you wanted to break up in the first place then there were obviously reasons for that. With time those reasons may disappear (people change) and you may wanna get back together or you will firmly realize that you made the right decision to break up. If you are really doubting it right now, then why did you break up?