• Ask
  • myTake

How to stop thinking about an ex that broke your heart?

So yeah long story short..I was seeing a girl for about 6 months and she dumped me twice. The only reason I got back with her the second time was because I fell for her BS lies. I can't stand it but I think about our relationship every day. Since we've dated, she's been with 3 other boyfriends...and I haven't had any new partners. I just wanna know a few ways I can just flush her out of my mind and my life completely. I've ignored her any time she tries to communicate with me and haven't spoken to her in a couple months but it's just not doing it. I'm not going to change that but there must be other things I can do. I've overall been very happy with my life..but it's just one of those lingering things in my memory/mind that won't go away.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 2

• The best revenge is to be happy, 6 months isn't long at all. think about it... You'll be fine, you sound educated and well mannered, this will get you far.

• Yeah but it was also my only real girlfriend of any meaningful length..which I'm guessing is the problem

• It never goes away, but you get used to it. Get rid of everything that's hers, or anything that reminds you of her. If there's a song on the radio that reminds you of her, change the station. Think about her negative qualities, not her positive ones. Delete her number off your phonebook. Hang out with your guy friends more, go to the club or even the book store. There are always good girls waiting for that one special guy at book stores, and ten times better than your ex. Just remember, you may love your ex but she's not going to return the favor. She doesn't deserve such a good guy like you.

• Haha thanks..yeah she actually has a new number and she texted me and all I said was "who is this?" and when she told me I just ignored her and deleted that stuff..i should probably delete all her love letters she wrote me and anything she bought me...would it be wise to delete her from my facebook friends?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!